1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2008 Toyota Prius Touring Owner

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by zvanbrak, Oct 2, 2011.

1. zvanbrak

zvanbrak Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Last week, I finally decided that it was time to get out of my 2009 Pontiac Vibe after nearly 3 excellent years. The car was quite great, but with the dissolution of NUMMI and getting the run-around on parts from both GM & Toyota, I gave up and decided it was time.

I had done my research. Did most of my negotiating online (to what extent I could) and was pretty much ready to buy a used 2010/2011 Prius. When I got to the dealer, he let me drive a new 2011 Prius, but mentioned he had a lease return which had just come in. a 2008 Toyota Prius Touring with 24600 miles on it. He pulled a carfax, which came back clear and I did some of my own investigation, finding out about the car. Put it up on a rack, the car was pristine. Drove it. Pristine interior. Prior user didn't delete their navigation history, so I was able to have some fun at their expense. The maintenance record beautiful.

The test drive sold me though. This car had every feature I'd ever desired in a car. Leather. Nav. Integrated hands-free. Stellar audio. And a gorgeous ride on top of it.

Negotiations began, and after four hours of tense, stressful negotiations (I got a lot- somebody went home a little sad). I am the owner a Super White 2008 Toyota Prius Touring.

2. NYPrius1

NYPrius1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Well Good For You@! Best Of Luck with your new Baby.
    And- Welcome to PC

3. Michgal007

Michgal007 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Congrats and welcome to PC. :)

4. biggytwo

biggytwo Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Congratulations and good choice!

If you contact Toyota through their website, you can even get the history (date of manufacture, port of entry, all the features, etc) by sending them a message and you can also register to see any past vehicle service history too.

5. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Sounds like you got a good deal and most importantly you are happy.

White is a great color too. It hides a lot! If the front bumper and hood is not already chipped up then you may want to consider a clear bra. Rock chips have destroyed the front of my car so much I don't even try to wax that area anymore. :(