1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2008 vs 2007 Prius?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Gogreen, Aug 26, 2007.

1. Gogreen

Gogreen New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    HI All:
    Does anyone know if the 2008 prius will have any additional features compared to the 2007 model? I know that Toyota is introducing a new trim level with lower price. For the other trim levels will the 08 model have any new features? Is it a better idea to buy the 08 model instead of the 07 model?

Thanks

2. paulrubin

paulrubin New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gogreen_prius @ Aug 26 2007, 10:39 PM) [snapback]502567[/snapback]</div>
    No major changes. Some changes probably in how and what they package with a more stripped version at the bottom and less flexibility at the top. I think one new blue color. And availability seems iffy for less than some point after October 1 so you can kiss the tax credit good bye too, at least I think so. If you go with an '08, you'll probably pay sticker initially and then it will go down faster than it did with the '07 model year but probably no bargains until into '08. '07's you can get a little above invoice. Probably depends more on if you can find what you want (package, color) now or are patient for 2-3 months.

3. Sonny Jim

Sonny Jim New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
  4. jarrett_gorin

jarrett_gorin New Member

I didn't see it mentioned, but the top-end models are going UP in price. So if that is what you are looking for, you would probably be better off in a 2007......if you can find one with package #6.

5. twilsonchicago

twilsonchicago Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JG in SB @ Aug 27 2007, 01:29 PM) [snapback]502810[/snapback]</div>
    Actually, an "average $150" increase was mentioned in the same press release where the new base model was announced, but it looks like, for now, prices aren't changing. I got a call from my dealer this morning: The '08 touring I ordered is on his new allocation sheet, set for arrival about the 3rd week of September. The base MSRP, destination charge, and option package 6 are all exactly the same as they were a month ago for the 2007's.

Tim
    Chicago

6. twilsonchicago

twilsonchicago Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    CORRECTION: I was looking at the wrong numbers. The '08 price from my dealer IS $150 over the '07 price. Base price went up $150. Destination charge and option package are unchanged. Sorry for the confusion.

Tim
    Chicago