1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2009 156K and still going well 44mpg

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by bobodaclown, May 2, 2020.

1. bobodaclown

bobodaclown Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Hello All,
    So I've got 156K on my Prius, Bought it used with 36K so I've so far put 120K on it. I'm getting bored with it, but it's been a great car and there's no real reason to move on. My commute is about 65 miles a day so about 350 miles a week or so. It's about a tank of gas a week.
    I've done the major stuff,that goes wrong, and wear items. Such as inverter coolant pump, shocks/struts, brakes, tires, had local shop do the ABS/Brake accumulator, did the plugs and egr valve, and other than that oil and filter every 5K and air/cabin ever 15k or so. It's been a great car. Oil consumption is up a bit, but not a huge issue. More than likely I replace this prius with another in a few years.

When I get a new prius, I think I may get a model 4, with adaptive cruise control and lane departure.

Thanks for reading my thoughts.

bisco, davecook89t and Aaron Vitolins like this.
  2. Montgomery

Montgomery Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    The Prius truly lives up to claim of saving gas. :)

bobodaclown likes this.
  3. davecook89t

davecook89t Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Since the middle of Model Year 2017, all trims have had both ACC and LDW. No need to go for the higher level, unless you want to, of course.

bobodaclown likes this.