1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2009 aux connector but no aux button on radio

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by codycamp, May 22, 2012.

1. codycamp

codycamp New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    How do I connect my ipod for listening in a 2009 prius. I have an aux cable and aux connector but the stock radio with no cd/aux button. Does the aux cable do me no good at all or am I still able to hook my ipod up through this?

Thank you for your help!

2. cnschult

cnschult Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    press the Audio hard button to the left of the MFD and see if more options don't show up, you might hook it up and press the Mode button on the steering wheel and it may eventually toggle to Aux.

3. ijgarcia

ijgarcia New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I just got my daughter an 06 Prius (I also recently got a '12 for myself), and encountered the same issue. There's an aux input as well as a 12 volt power supply inside the arm rest compartment, but pressing the mode button only toggles between the 3 options on the head unit panel, cd/am/fm. Seems odd that the car would have the aux input but no way to use it. Makes me wonder if the car originally had a head unit that went bad and was replaced with one without aux capability.