1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2009 coolant valve/oil temp sensor...now what?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by daisy555, Feb 7, 2017.

1. daisy555

daisy555 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi again...Just had both coolant and sensor replaced under warranty. Check engine light coming on again!

Hoping it's just a faulty part but I'm not liking how involved I've become with Toyota Service Dept.

This is a very reputable dealership. Even customers in waiting room offer up that I'll like quality of service. Each time I've brought car in I've had to bring it back to fix or adjust something. Mostly minor but gee whiz.

Anyone else have multiple emissions parts fail..one after the other? Bringing it in at noon to see what's up.

2. andrewclaus

andrewclaus Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    From what I've seen and heard, it's fairly common to return for service after coolant system work. This engine is hard to bleed correctly and even the paid pros get it wrong sometimes. Good luck with it.

3. daisy555

daisy555 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks, Andrew.

Toyota tech had to call engineer dept. to troubleshoot. A possible blockage in lines. Lines were cleared and reversed to see if that is problem. I'm hoping that's it. Now I have to figure out how to uncover my Pria from the icy snow. Wishing I was back in CA!