1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2009 Installing the Glass Break Sensor?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Technical Discussion' started by $litha20\20, Jul 16, 2022.

1. $litha20\20

$litha20\20 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Gen 2 (2009) GBS Glass Break Sensor

I purchased and installed a NEW - OEM 08586-47841 Car Alarm Glass Break + plus Sensor For 2006-2009 Toyota Prius

I downloaded the PDF install instructions from another Poster’s Thread on Prius Chat and it says to unlock and remove the Yellow 16p Wire from One of the Cars Harnesses.
    I’m reluctant and feel a little uncomfortable removing this Yellow wires from the Stock harness. I guess I’m a little worried I could screw something up.
    This install also
    Requires an Activation Procedure using TechStream which I have not done yet.

1. Have you completed this installation and activation Procedure Successfully?

Please share any Helpful or Constructive insight on this Specific installation.

**Below are Photos of the GBS sensor in question and the PDF install instructional Diagram

Thank You

Saturday: July 16th 2022

Attached Files:

#1 $litha20\20, Jul 16, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2022
    SFO likes this.
  2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I'd have to go read those instructions personally but most yellow wires in the Toyota system are for supplemental restraint and airbags I'm sure there are some other yellow wires I know there are but like I say I haven't seen the PDF so I don't know what harness and what have you it wouldn't scare me at all as long as I knew what harness it was clearly marked etc. And the TSB or what have you it should be pretty much a no-brainer do you have to take the wire out or cut the wire and put this in between the two wires you cut meaning you eat to leave a tail out of the plug never seen a glass break sensor on a generation 2. Seems to me almost pointless but I guess there are high crime areas and things happen can't imagine