1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2009 Lease vs. 2010 Lease

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by massbuyer, May 7, 2009.

1. massbuyer

massbuyer New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Okay, I am in the market for a new car and I've always wanted a Prius since they came onto the market. I rented a brand new one over the summer and it was great.

The local dealer can put me into an '09 Prius II for $199 a month with $1999 down on a 36-month lease. I lease instead of financing for a number of reasons. But here are a few concerns I have...

This promotion (Just in Time) is a little more expensive than the last promotion (April was $185/mo.). This seems a bit counterintuitive with the 2010s right around the corner. Maybe they sold very well in April, who knows.

Add in the wrinkle that the new 2010 Prius is less expensive than the 2009 and I have to wonder if it's worth waiting. But I can't wait long (not past June, for sure). Does anyone have a sense on what the lease packages would be for the 2010s? I know that you can't be certain, but does Toyota have a pattern of either cutting the former model year's lease when a new model is introduced? Are their initial lease rates on new models sky-high?

I haven't followed leases on Toyotas before, so I'm not familiar with any "patterns" that may exist. Is it batty to think that the lower sticker price on the new ones will translate into a lower (or at least similiar) lease price than the current editions? Or is that la-la-land until all the '09s hit the street?

Thanks!