1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2009 Prius 5 about 140k miles, SoCal, original owner-$6500-

Discussion in 'Prius Cars For Sale' started by gramps, Dec 4, 2023.

1. gramps

gramps Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have a Gray 2009 that I bought new in January 2009 in San Diego, Ca.
    Actual mileage is 134,990 as of 12-4-2023

Package 5 with navigation (cloth seats) and the 6 disc cd JBL system

It was my daily driver car until December 2022 when I moved to Texas and tried to give it to my daughter. She has never gotten her drivers license due to medical conditions (it is still in me and my wife's names), so my wife has been driving it for the last year. (daughter never drove it)

This listing is to gauge the interest on PC in the SoCal area. I was trying to give Priuschat members the 1st shot at it. Over the years I learned a lot an PC about hybrids and know that we have great people here. Why I came up with $6500

I haven't seen it in 1 year now, but my wife is maintaining her good, using my hybrid mechanic for oil changes.

It has been a problem free car since she was new. It has never been in an accident. There are a few scratches and the paint on the roof was fading, but it isn't ugly.

It has the original hybrid battery.

The catalytic converter was stolen last spring. We've maintained full coverage insurance since she was brand new. It was replaced with the OME parts and I paid my hybrid mechanic to put 2 cat guards on it. I was a steel cable and the other a cat shield.

The bigger things done-

It has newer 80k mile Michellins and a very smooth ride, and I replaced the struts at 110 or 120k miles.

I have all the maintenance receipts in San Diego. I'll have my wife dig them out to refresh me about what maintenance or repairs we've had done.

I remember replacing the 12 volt battery in November 2017, and then once since then in 2021 or 2022
    and I had the DMV smog test back in November 2022 before moving. It passed easily without any issues.
    (Ca registration is due in January)

I don't know about posting pictures here. I guess message me and I could text or email pictures.

#1 gramps, Dec 4, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2023
  2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    If you check the Craigslist prices out here on the west coast you'll quickly realize you can get way more than $6500 for this car as described.

3. gramps

gramps Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Is this listing in the right place?

4. gramps

gramps Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    With our personal situation, we're withdrawing our Prius for sale right now.

5. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    That's smart! You can probably get more money for it in the future compared to how much you're asking for it now!