1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2009 Prius Details on Toyota Canada's Website

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Tideland Prius, Sep 3, 2008.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Toyota Canada has updated the site for the Prius. The only change I can see is that the Special Edition is gone and now 15" are standard once again (but with the Touring's longer rear spoiler I think). Price has also dropped a btitto $27,400 from $27,600. Other than that, I see no changes.

2. rigormortis

rigormortis Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Re: 2009 Prius Details on Website

yeah the us website was updated, i posted this in the news section
    http://priuschat.com/forums/prius-hybrid-news/53048-prius-09-a.html

the brochure shows a picture of an ipod + interface cable as a $299 preferred accessory package, and the package of the floor covers and cargo net are not shown

the build your prius has a check box for the rs3200 plus security system for $349 on a prius higher then a package 3, this is an error, they did this before, as it already has one. the only security option that should be on that page is the gbs for $165

when i created the new ebrochure the entire specifications column for 'prius with packages' was N/A, meaning i guess that only the base prius or the touring prius with dvd+leather was only available in my zip code.

if you do not give it a zip code, it will list the prices for all the different models and options

3. rigormortis

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius

the build prius page shows 'carpet and net' option but not the ipod option $299

curious. i went to the payment estimator told it i wanted a 2009 touring with dvd + nav
    and gbs and carpet + net, told it my trade in was worth 22000 ( 2007 touring prius with no dvd or nav) and the balance owed on it....

at 6.6 % apr zero down, my payments would be the same as they are now!

but i got mine at 4.90 %

ill wait for the 2010

4. Neohybrid

Neohybrid Not-so-junior member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five

I just visited the site and it is certainly limited at this point. I'm not sure if the location (zip code you enter) has anything to do with it, but I can only select Prius Grade - no packages or Touring with packages:confused:. I can't select any options except something called Option B (standard package [AF], 50 state emissions [FE], and carpet floor mats and cargo mat [18] [CF]). The only color I can select is silver pine mica. Final price $22,919.

I hope this changes in the near future. I did pick up one of the 09 brochures at the dealer - virtually the same as last year.

5. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    lol. How did both threads become the US discussion :p j/k.

6. rigormortis

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    yeah its tied to the zip code, ive given it different zip codes before and i got different results

7. icebird144

icebird144 New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Actually, the price of the premium package has increased by ~20 dollars (Canadian model). And we lost the ecoAUTO rebate...

8. Stefx

Stefx Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Didn't they reduce the price by 1900$ 2-3 months ago, I assume to compensate for the loss of the Eco Auto rebate? I do recall the premium package (no nav) in June being about 32k, now it's 30k.

Also why all the responses about the US web site and zip codes?

9. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah they did. It went from $31,280 to $29,500 for the US dollar (while adding more standard equipment), then down to $27,600 presumably for the Eco Auto Rebate.