1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2009 Prius, Package #6 and Hymotion battery

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by PeakOilGarage, Oct 3, 2008.

1. PeakOilGarage

PeakOilGarage Nothing less than 99.9

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    I just registered, but I am a long time Toyota Prius owner.
    I already own a 2005 Toyota Prius, but I didn't want to install the Hymotion battery in it.

I just bought a 2009 Toyota Prius, Specta Blue with package #6.
    It has about 500 miles on it so far.

I just found out that I get my Hymotion battery on Monday October 6th.

As far as I know, my car will be the first 2009 Prius to get the Hymotion battery. My local Hymotion installer got permission to do it and A123 said that nobody else has done it yet.

I will let you know if there are any problems.

2. N3FOL

N3FOL Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    What is the benefit of the Hymotion battery?

3. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    That'll be really interesting hearing your experience starting out w/ a brand new car w/ the Hymotion pack. Keep us abreast of progress/mpg, ect.

4. N3FOL

N3FOL Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I think I educated myself a bit by visiting www.a123systems.com and Hymotion battery sounds very promising with a high price tag of close to $10,000 dollars and it requires a $1000 dollar deposit to reserve your battery for next year.

I like the low carbon emissions and I like the 3 year warranty on the system, but I don't like the idea that your spare tire will be taken out and it will probably have to sit in the trunk for the rest of your car's life. So after 3 years, what kind of after warranty period is available? I don't know.

With the $10,000 dollars upfront, do we get a tax refund from the federal government. Non of those are mentioned in the website...at least I did not see it there.

5. PeakOilGarage

PeakOilGarage Nothing less than 99.9

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    I have posted an update on the Hymotion system under the Prius Modifications section.