1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2009 Prius Rear seat cover installation help

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by ma2288, Nov 26, 2008.

1. ma2288

ma2288 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I have a 2009 Prius and want to keep my leather seats in good shape as I am pretty "rough" on upholstery and carry computers and accessories in the back seat. I purchased front and back seat covers. The Fronts went on fairly easy but I can not figure out how to do the back seats. I have seen one thread here that talks about some "eye" hooks and another about "clips" to release the bottom cushion of the back seat on a 2008 Prius but I don't see these "eye" hooks or "clips" on my 2009 seat. Has anyone had any experience removing the bottom seat cushion from the back seat? The back seat is a 60/40 split bench seat. I have tried pulling up on a corner of the bottom seat and it starts to pull up but it looks like it is just the foam part of the cushion and not actually the whole seat. Thanks for the help

2. novice

novice New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Hi! Did you find a way to remove the back seat? I'm trying to do the same on my 09, but can't see any hooks. I tried pulling the seat in all directions, but couldn't remove it.

3. atheneowl

atheneowl New Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I am having a hard time with front and back installation of car seats in my 2010. I may end up hiring an upholstery shop. That is what the customer service people told me to do at seatcoversunlimited.com where I bought them. The seat covers seemed like a great price but I have spent a huge amount of time trying to get them on tight. It would have been more economical to go local and have them professionally installed. Saving the money has brought headaches and no results.

4. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If the rear seat is like the Gen II, there's a hook on the left in the center front of the passenger side seat and a hook on the right in the center front of the driver side seat. You can unhook both hooks by lifting the seat up from the center with your left arm on the left and your right arm on the right (alternatively, the Seat Assembly Instructions say to unhook each hook one at a time).

Once you lift the front up you should be able to see and unhook another hook in the center rear.

Here are the Gen II Seat Assembly Instructions. Page 15 illustrates and describes how to remove the rear seat cushion:

[​IMG] SE%20-%20Seat.pdf

5. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Just a thought, but can you fold down the rear seats and use the cargo area instead? Then you can put down a cargo mat and use the tie down hooks.

6. speakchucker

speakchucker Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    The bench seat HAS to come out for some seat cover installs because one of the seat belt has to be unbolted and threaded through a hole in the cover. The front "hooks" can be a bit of a sticky wicket.