1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2009 Prius Touring Package 6

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by JStarr, Mar 28, 2009.

1. JStarr

JStarr New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    We just took delivery of my wife's 2009 Prius. I have a couple of questions about some of the features though.

The lighted switches on the steering wheel seems to be VERY VERY dim and are not adjustable with the dimmer wheel, even in pitch black dead of night, can hardly see them. Is this normal?

Door switch gear lighting? Is there any? You cannot see the door lock/unlock, widow swictes, etc. at night. Again, normal? My 05 Avalanche has lit door switches (as well as the steering wheel switches).

AUTO lights. The dealer told us that a touring package #6 has the auto lights. Yet this one doesn't have them. Is this an add-on done by the dealer? I highly doubt it, but thought I would ask. This option was not a "checkable" option on their order sheet nor is it on the Toyota web site configuration tool, what gives? If the dealer can't get it, how does one "get it"?

Appreciate any comments or guidance.

2. firepa63

firepa63 Former Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The dim switches on the steering wheel are not adjustable. You'll get use to them.

There is no door switch lighting.

You don't have AUTO headlights on the US version of the Prius and it's not available as a Toyota option.

3. exbauer

exbauer Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    they probably meant with auto lights that you can keep the headlight stalk on "on" all the time and every time you start the car the lights will turn on. Then when you turn off the car and open the driver the headlights will turn off.

4. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Sadly that just uses up the HID system, and with the failure rate and replacement costs involved, I just don't run with DRL's on.