1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2009 Touring vs BT Tech modifications

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by dwreed3rd, May 29, 2008.

1. dwreed3rd

dwreed3rd New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    This is addressed toBT Tech: Will the BT Tech modifications fit the 2009 Touring model? We have a Touring model on order, which I'm sure will end up being a 2009, and am particulary the skid plate. Also interested in the strut tower stiffener and frame plate. Will they fit on the 2009 Touring model?
    Thank you in advance for any replies.

Extremely satisfied owners of a 2000 Avalon w/105K and anxiously awaiting our Prius arrival probably out in Sept. or Oct. It will become our primary use vehicle while the Avalon(avg mpg 19/25) will move to secondary use retiring the '87 Club Wagon(avg 10/12 mpg with 18 & 22 gal tanks). That's $160 bucks @ $4.00/gal.

Dave & Joan Reed

2. BT Tech

BT Tech New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    The 2009 Prius will be identical to the current 2008 so all of our parts will work without any problem.

The 2010 is supposed to be the 3rd gen Prius....

3. dwreed3rd

dwreed3rd New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Thank you for your quick response! That's great!
    I was curious if they would be applicable to the Touring model with it's stiffer suspension or if Toyota had enhanced any of these areas.
    I was also looking at your specs and could not find any weights. I'm definitely interested in adding all three but would like to know how much weight I'll be adding and what effect it may have on the mileage.

Thanking you again in advance.

Dave

4. BT Tech

BT Tech New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    You are very welcome Dave... The Touring model has different shock valving and spring rates. The also have 16" wheels compared to the 15's on the base and a little wider tires.

All of our parts are applicable to both the base and touring models. By adding our BT Tech Stiffening Plate and Strut Tower Brace, the amount of weight that you are adding is negligable at best. I don't have the exact weights off the top of my head as I am at home right now but I believe that the combined weight of both parts is less than 15 lbs. The small weight gain is offset by a HUGE margin compared to the difference in handling and ride quality.

5. dwreed3rd

dwreed3rd New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Brian; Thank you again for your quick response. I am definitely planning to install all three mods. I noticed in the skid plate thread there was a gap in the front that looked like a scoup. Is this functional to allow engine cooling or could a piece of stiff but flexible fiberboard, like under my 2000 Avalon, be cut to fit between the front bumper and the skid plate to close the gap. This would help keep object from flying up through the gap, but I would not want risk having the engine overeating. If this is practical, it sounds like a great option for you to offer.
    By the way. Yes! I would also be interested the the swaybar. I'll go over there and post a reply also.
    Thanks again!
    Dave