1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2009 Toyota Prius Front end mask

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by smartalec89, Nov 22, 2008.

1. smartalec89

smartalec89 The Official Alaskan

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Can anyone offer suggestions on where to find a front end mask for my 2009 Prius? Thank you

2. rigormortis

rigormortis Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    toyota no longer carries a front end mask, they stopped in 2006. rumor has it, it was because of a lower spoiler / flange thingy underneath the front bumper...

there are 2

1 is lebra, sells for less then $100 i guess. supposevly you can leave it on when you wash your car, i would suggest removing all front end masks

2nd is colgan custom, pretty expensive, over $120. its not an exact fit. its a little loose on the drivers side and the hooks on the sides of the lower front end mask piece don't really hold on to anything

the problem with the prius hybrid, is that it does not have adequate points for attaching the bungee cords on a front end mask. for example. the hood piece is secured by two bungee cords, the passenger side bungee cord mounts tightly to a already drilled hole underneath the hood, but the drivers side has no hole piece at all. so you just kind of drape the bungee cord loosely on the hood rod

colgan custom offers two types one is black leather and the other is the carbon fiber look

colgan recommends removing the front end mask when washing your car

3. rigormortis

rigormortis Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    loose bras can cause damage to the paint. it is important to use tight fitting front end masks. suggest you forgot about getting a front end mask, and spending about $700 for a 3m invisible film installation..

i also heard of a product that is 'front end mask in a can' you mask off parts of your car with paper, like the headlights, and you just spray it on, supposed to look swell

it is sold by krylon $7 a can

washes off with soap and water