1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2009 triangle came on

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Kenguy71, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Kenguy71

Kenguy71 New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    One
    My 2009 Prius the triangle light came on while driving, no other symptoms of an issue, runs good, gas mileage is great. After a few re starts the light went off. Should I be concerned? I am not looking to jump to a new hybrid battery unless absolutely necessary.
    Any advice would be appreciated.

2. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome to PriusChat!!
    Though the warning lights have gone away for now, they are still being stored in the computers (ECUs) as OBD2 codes for later retrieval as needed for diagnostics. If the vehicle is mission critical, then it would be best to find or buy a toyota hybrid compatible OBD2 scanner, many prefer a 'mini-vci' cable and a copy of techstream (dealership technician software) installed on a windows device. Others may use an OBD2 bluetooth adapter with an App like Dr Prius, or Torque on a phone/tablet.

Once you have the OBD2 codes (DTCs), post them here for additional guidance.

How many miles on the vehicle?

Raytheeagle and JC91006 like this.
  3. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    You should first check the oil level on your car, make sure it's not low.

Raytheeagle likes this.