1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 / 2011 Prius optional switches

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by DZD, Sep 4, 2013.

1. DZD

DZD Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm scouring the internet looking for a Prius to purchase - I noticed that some have what appear to be foglight switch on the 4 switch panel to the left of the steering columns; some also have what appears to be the solar powered ventilation switch and I thought I saw one with a telephone handset with an up and down arrow. Does anyone know what that switch is for? Are there any options that would have other switches occupying those spots?

Thanks - I'd apologize for the newby-ness of my questions, but I am in the newbie forum. :)

2. SuperGLS

SuperGLS Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I'm interested too.

3. SmellyTofu

SmellyTofu Average punter

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Accessories items like front parking sensor on/off switch is one of them.

4. DZD

DZD Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    After scouring the web looking for my next car I finally realized that you'll never see all four switches occupied. One switch is always used for dimming the instrument panel; those with fog lights will have another switch; another switch controls the solar powered fan and I've seen another switch for the headlight washers that's only available on the Prius 5 - however, since you can't get the solar sunroof package with the 5, you won't see all four panels filled.

I could have sworn I saw one early on with what appeared to be a telephone handset with an up and down arrow - but I couldn't find it again.

I need to focus on finding one, buying one - then I can add my own switches. :cool: