1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 AM Radio Problem

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by LarryEd, Dec 4, 2012.

1. LarryEd

LarryEd New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    The am radio stopped working last week. The FM radio works great as does the auxiliary. The dealer has not heard of this problem. My mechanic said the problem is the radio and a new one is required. Antenna is probably not the problem. Just hit 37,400 miles so out of warranty. Can theses radios be repaired??

2. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes they can be repaired, but Toyota will not do it! Getting a Service Manual for the radio is probably unobtainable. Therefore, that means swapping out the radio with a new one, or one purchased from a salvage yard. If I had a copy of the schematic, and the radio on my bench, it would take me about 2 hours to repair! This does not include uninstall, install of radio from car!

3. LarryEd

LarryEd New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks for the reply. I checked out removing the radio on You Tube and it does not look too difficult. Called Long Radio and they said they could send out for repair, but the online reviews did not give them good marks. Still exploring options.

4. LarryEd

LarryEd New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    AM Radio problem finally repaired on 1/30/3013. Turns out a mouse was nesting behind the roof liner and had eaten the wires from the antenna. My dealer had replaced the radio and amplifier before trying to replace the antenna. That's when they tried new wires and the radio worked.

5. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well, all is good! Great! What is it with mice and eating Prii? Thanks for the follow up!

6. El Dobro

El Dobro A Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    I guess Prii are too enviro friendly. :D

7. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model: