1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 and ipod classic

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by kutchma, Oct 31, 2009.

1. kutchma

kutchma New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I have a 2010 w/nav & solar, purchased last week. It will not recognize the usb connectiion to my ipod classic. I tried my daughters itouch with the same usb cable and it works fine. Anybody had a similar problem?
    Any solutions?

2. Boji

Boji Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The iPod Touch and all newer iPods charge via USB connections, whereas the older iPods, including the iPod classic, charge via Firewire. This caused a huge problem last year when Apple made this change, and dealer-installed iPod players would no longer work with new iPods. It seems now that the new cars play with the new iPods, but you can't mix and match the two. Here's an article that can help you out:

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=10126997&#10126997

Your solution: get an FM transmitter, which plugs into your iPod Classic but it won't charge and you will see a decrease in audio quality (it'll be similar to the sound quality you'd get from a FM station). An alternative solution, which is one that Apple loves to suggest, is for you to get a new iPod.

Best of luck!

1 person likes this.
  3. Blind Guy

Blind Guy New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    What I wanna know...is HOW, and where, did you get a 2010 V with Solar Roof?

David (aka Blind Guy)

4. kutchma

kutchma New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Ventura Toyota, Ventura California

5. 1980s_john

1980s_john Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    No, as the iPod interface is incompatible with older iPods. Please see my reply here which has compatibility list from the manual:

http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-iii...-ipod-integration-kits-help-3.html#post982820

Regards,
    John

6. swich2mac

swich2mac Go Hard or Go Home!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Not to hijack this thread but are you sure it is a V with a solar package and not a IV? I know the Canadian models can be ordered with V/solar combo but they lack other options, such as larger tires and led lamps, etc.