1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Brake noise - resolved

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Fstr911, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Fstr911

Fstr911 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    III
    I wanted to pass along the results of a brake issue I encountered in my 2010 Prius (15K miles) and report to interested Prius owners how the issue was resolved.

Problem: In the last second (or so) coming to a complete stop I noticed a few light clunk type sounds, like something was loose up front. I never experienced any degradation in the braking performance.

Upon delivery to the dealer the response I got from my service rep suggested this was not the first time they heard this comment.

The fix appeared to be a simple “lubrication of the brake shims†(the dealers words , not mine).

Result: No more brake noises.

4 people like this.
  2. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I had the rear shim kit replaced per the TSB to address a noise issue. It didn't work, so I took the car back and they did the brake grease thing, which seemed to do the trick.

Yesterday, driving with the windows down in a parking garage, I noticed the squeak is back (or perhaps it never went away and didn't notice it until yesterday, since I usually drive with the windows up and music on). Time for a third trip to the dealer for the same issue. :mad: