1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Gen 3 Prius with Navigation Package Display screen won't open

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by RobRig, Dec 13, 2021.

1. RobRig

RobRig Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    My 2010 Prius has decided to keep my audio CDs. Pushing the Open/Close button doesn't do jack.
    I while back I ran the 12V battery down while pulling my engine. I was storing parts in the back and the dome light was on (didn't know). Anyway after getting my engine back in it wouldn't start cause the battery was almost dead (rear hatch wouldn't open either). I recharged the battery and it's been good ever since.

From what others posted online I'm associating my CD hostage situation to the dead battery incident.
    I pulled/ reset the radio fuse in the engine compartment fuse box and watched the navigation system screen reboot, but the display still refuses to open.
    CD player and everything else works fine, just can't display open and CD out.

Does anybody have any tips that have ACTUALLY WORKED for them in solving this sort of problem?