1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 gen III poor sound quality from radio

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Hybrid-Ron, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Hybrid-Ron

Hybrid-Ron New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have only had my car a few weeks now and as many of the features and things about the car make me smile, the sound from the radio is poor to be polite. I like to have a decent sound to my music, not ear drum piercing but deep and good quality.

How would i go about sorting this out?

2. xs650

xs650 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    There have been a few threads here about people putting in better speakers in the Gen 3 II with the non-JBL system. Lots of details and pictures are in the posts. Most of us have gotten good results for under $200. If you have a JBL system, I think it's a bit more complicated.

I just noticed you are in Belfast. If that is The Belfast, then my US model designations might not help you. Which sound system to you have, 6 speakers or 8?

3. Hybrid-Ron

Hybrid-Ron New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    i dont even know which system i have, 6 or 8. I dont have the sat nav in the dash just a radio head unit. How can i tell the difference?

4. rrolff

rrolff Prius Surgeon

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Unless your radio says JBL on it, you have the standard 6 speaker Prius II stereo...

Go to the appropriate forum, and spend some time looking at what people have done. If your poor sound is also due to the FM radio, that is also a known issue (you will find the thread also in the audio forum).