1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 GS450h Code P0B42

Discussion in 'Lexus Hybrids and EVs' started by SlySti, Dec 10, 2023.

1. SlySti

SlySti New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Good afternoon everyone,

I recently(2 weeks) ago replaced my 40 modules on my hybrid battery pack. The modules were purchased from a reputable location and were all balanced. The car started right up with no problems and I drove it for about 60 miles. Yesterday when I went to start it up it suddenly sounded like a short occurred and would not start. When I attempted to start the car the second time it started right up but threw a P0B42 code -Hybrid Battery Voltage Sense 'B' Circuit Low. .It is a 2010 Lexus GS450H.

Does anyone have any experience with this and could assist that would be helpful.

Thank you and have a blessed day.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    see post #6

p0b42-code-on-2010-prius-2-with-191k.227848

3. SlySti

SlySti New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks. I will look at every block but especially block 2 this evening when I get home from work and see what is up with it as I have the hybrid battery out of the car. I checked for continuity last night and everything seemed good on that end.

bisco likes this.
  4. SlySti

SlySti New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I checked the blocks, they are all at the correct voltage. I ordered a new battery voltage sensor which is what this particular code points to.

This particular code seems also to be inherit in the 2010 Toyota hybrid line only. They must have changed the design for future models.

bisco likes this.