1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Honda Insight Pricing

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by JSH, Dec 11, 2008.

1. JSH

JSH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Edmunds.com has put up a price page for the 2010 Honda Insight. There is no invoice, options, or color information but they do list the MSRP as $17,000 with a destination charge of $670.

2010 Honda Insight optional equipment at Edmunds

2. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    [​IMG]

Why haven't they updated their photo with at least one of the production Insight?

3. JSH

JSH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I don't know. Why are they listing pricing information before official release?

Edmund's claim to fame is their True Market Value feature and the ability to see invoice and incentive information. I find it interesting that a site was well respected as Edmunds has decided to publicly announce a price.

4. Tripod137

Tripod137 New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    If you check some of the other tabs, they reference the 2000 Insight. So maybe the MSRP is of the 2000 Insight 2 seater?

5. bedrock8x

bedrock8x Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Edmunds rounded up the MSRP price to $17K with a disclaimer to protect themselves. They won't publish something like this if they don't know something.

It is a cool $6K less than a base Prius, no wonder they call it a Prius fighter. I was expecting $3K less.

6. jeffreykb

jeffreykb Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    If this vehicle can be obtained much less the $20K "out the door", it should sell very well. I can not wait to see the official specs...mpg, safety ratings, EPA ratings, interior room, 0-60 performance, etc. Also, it should keep Toyota "in check" on the new Prius price.

7. bob_ninja

bob_ninja New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Wow, that is huge!
    Such a discount to Prius in this economy is a guarantee of sales going from Prius to Insight. Toyota now has a BIG problem. Prius sales are already dropping fast due to upcoming plugin version and now there is a much cheaper alternative to the current Prius.

8. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Well, I like this car, but it is less of a Prius killer and more of a Fit and Yaris killer. It is about the size of those, just a smidge more expensive, but overall much nicer.

This car just doesn't compete with the Prius in terms of size, power, or fuel economy.

Great option though. 17k is real value....