1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Honda Insight to start at Cdn$23,900

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Tideland Prius, Apr 9, 2009.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Toronto, Ontario - The all-new 2010 Honda Insight hybrid hatchback is scheduled to go on sale in Canada on Earth Day, April 22, with a starting price of $23,900.

The five-passenger Insight is powered by an Integrated Motor Assist (IMA) system, comprised of a 1.3-litre i-VTEC gasoline engine and 10-kilowatt electric motor. Together, they contribute to a Transport Canada fuel economy rating of 4.8 L/100 km in city driving, and 4.5 L/100 km on the highway. The Ecological Drive Assistant System, or Eco Assist, further enhances efficient vehicle operation, while providing feedback related to individual driving styles.

“Honda Insight is designed to bring hybrid technology within closer reach for many new car buyers in Canada with its affordable pricing,†said Jerry Chenkin, executive vice-president of Honda Canada. “In addition to making sound environmental sense with higher fuel efficiency and lower emissions, hybrid technology is now entering an era where it can also make financial sense for a broader range of customers.â€

Standard features on the base Insight LX include side and curtain airbags, anti-lock brakes, continuously variable transmission (CVT), Eco Assist, automatic climate control, tilt and telescopic steering column, cruise control, manual driver’s seat height adjustment, power windows, CD player, and auxiliary input for digital music players.
    The premium Insight EX, at $27,500, adds satellite-linked navigation with bilingual voice recognition, Vehicle Stability Assist, Bluetooth, alloy wheels, wheel-mounted shifter paddles, upgraded stereo, USB audio interface, centre console with armrest and storage compartment, and heated mirrors with integrated turn signals.

The Insight’s IMA can operate exclusively on electric power in certain low- to mid-speed cruising conditions, and can also provide cylinder deactivation during deceleration, and an idle-stop feature when the vehicle is stationary.

Source: Honda Canada

1 person likes this.
  2. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Re: 2010 Honda Insight to start at $23,900

Tideland, how about Canadian dollars in title. Freaky seeing that number after seeing an EX/Navi for $23,7xx US sticker IIRC.

3. Silver bullit

Silver bullit Right Lane Cruiser

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

Hi- $23,900 Canadian converts into $19,490 U.S. dollars. I am glad that Honda has produced the new Insight hybrid. I just purchased a 2009 Prius in Feb. of this year. I am enjoying it very much. I think that more hybrids from Toyota and Honda is a win win situation.

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

Done.