1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 II, Finally!

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by mainemanx, Jan 15, 2011.

1. mainemanx

mainemanx Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    After almost a year of lurking, I finally scored a Level II, Blizzard Pearl, Charcoal Interior, with a 10/10 build date!

'Course after writing the check, it took me five minutes to power up and get it out of the lot... and then when we got it home I couldn't figure out how to turn it off...

Now... onward to the mods :bounce:

2. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Perfect choice! Welcome officially on aboard! Read the manual front to back.

1 person likes this.
  3. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Welcome and congrats on your new purchase. Follow Spiderman's advice and then come back here often for all kinds of good info.

1 person likes this.
  4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Congrats and :welcome: to PriusChat! Check out the Knowledge Base (currently under the Gen II forum) for tips and tricks applicable to all models!

1 person likes this.
  5. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney EditProfOptInfoCustomUser Title

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Welcome Another Maine Prius owner. I'm sure you got a good deal.

Maine Man x or Maine Manx?

I'm getting in the 40s mpg to low 50s at the moment on my 20 mile commutes and I'm further north than you. Those extra few degrees should help keep your mileage up.

I currently have a 100% lower grill block and the tires are at around 40/38 or 39/37. Not good winter traction on the stock Yokohamas. If you're the nervous type I'd suggest snow tires.

Traveling back up from Brunswick on I295 and I95 this evening we saw two accidents, both with SUVs off the road (one flipped with a sedan further up the road, on the other side, facing the wrong way: who knows what happened). One might suggest that it's mostly about the driver.

Enjoy your Prius. :)

1 person likes this.
  6. twittel

twittel Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Congrats on your new Prius! I can remember when I first got mine. To turn it off, I would diligently put it into "park", then push the on/off switch. Sometimes, I couldn't remember what I was supposed to do. Now, I just push the switch for "coming" or "going" and enjoy the ride!

I have a III, but I think the II may be the best value.

Happy Motoring,

Tom

1 person likes this.
  7. mainemanx

mainemanx Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Good deal? Probably not the best, but with 60 2010s on Prime's Saco lot, I was able to work 'em a little. AAA, truecar.com, and comparison shopped all over Eastern New Hampshire and around 128 Boston, but once they knew they had exactly what I wanted, they tightened up.

Pretty good experience, actually. I've never been able to suffer Toyota salespeople. Interestingly, through the years, both my younger bros have had the same experience. Maybe us, not the salespeople. Today however, one has a Yaris, the other a Scion, and now I have the Prius as our personal commuters...

"The acorn doesn't fall far from the tree." Nor, I guess, do the acorns fall far from one another... each of our wives has a Honda... an Odyssey, an Element, and a CR-V.

Maine Manx... dad was a Welshman by way of Ramsey, Isle of Man...

I've the Bridgestone Ecopia EP20 shoes... with fresh tread, hopefully OK for the rest of this winter... but next winter definitely plan to go the tirerack Blizzak winter set of rim route. Thanks for the tire pressure info.

20 mile commute, Brunswick north, or south? Retired from USM, my commutes are none. Yep, we've seen several flipped SUVs (high COG, ayuh) flipped around Portland Baxter Boulevard! Thankfully, seldom is anyone injured.

8. mainemanx

mainemanx Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thanks for the encouraging words.

'Been following/entertained by your posts for some time now. :canada:

9. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    haha thanks. Didn't know I was that entertaining ;).