1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 MFD Software update possible?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by snoctor, Jun 8, 2013.

1. snoctor

snoctor Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I've been driving a 2010 Prius for almost 4 years. Just got a 2012 Rav4 EV. One MFD change is that the layout for making and answering phone calls has changed a bit. One minor change, the buttons for accessing speed dials and contacts have been reversed to opposite sides of the screen (not a big deal). Worse the location for answering a call on the 2010 Prius is now the location for hanging up on an incoming call in the 2012 Rav4. On the 2010 Prius the answer button is lower right, while on the 2012 Rav4 the hangup button is lower right. In switching back and forth between driving the two cars I find myself accidentally hanging up on incoming callers when driving the new Rav4 (pics below) since I have 4 years experience in the Prius.

Here's the question: Does the 2012 Prius MFD have the same layout as the new Rav4? Yes I could eventually get used to this, but it'd be better if I could update the MFD software in my 2010 Prius so it has the same layout as the 2012 Rav4. Anyone know if that is possible? That way I'd stop hanging up on people! Of course I don't want to pay an arm & a leg to do this (I read somewhere on this site several years ago that Toyota charges several hundred dollars to update the Denso navigator maps).

Attached Files:

2. Jonny Zero

Jonny Zero Giggidy

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    My 2012 looks like the Rav4