1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Nav System Help

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by nbhawthorne, Nov 10, 2010.

1. nbhawthorne

nbhawthorne New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    First post! I didn't find a lot of specific examples through searching, so I thought I'd give it a shot and post my questions here.

I have the 2010 III w/ Nav package and I've been running into a problem when I have my iPhone connected to the USB port. When I scroll through artists on the Nav screen, it "auto-selects" the first artist/song/playlist on the page. Is there a way to turn this "auto-select" feature off?

Also, it seems as if I'm always having to push fairly hard on the screen in order to select something. Is there a way to control the sensitivity of the screen?
    :confused:

Thanks!

NH

2. fotomoto

fotomoto Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Hello and Welcome,

First of all, I don't have an answer to you specific question about auto-select as I haven't used mine in that way.

I transferred my iPhone music to a thumb drive and leave it permanently installed in the USB port. Before that, I used the bluetooth function to connect the phone. The downside, as you may have found out, is that only gives you the play/pause button and no other choices or menus. Weak. So, I used the iPhone screen/interface for navigation and mount it in a cradle charger ($69 at Best Buy). Now that my mp3's are in the usb port, I only use the bluetooth/iPhone connection for Pandora and, of course, for calls.

3. indyV

indyV Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    This annoys me too. I don't think there is a way to change this function. If you are quick enough to keep scrolling (about a split second after the screen fully stops) you can go through your list without the audio switching to the next song/artist. Kind of cumbersome and slow, but that's what I've been doing.