1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Non-Nav JBL to New HU, Harnesses, etc.

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Trixie LaRue, May 27, 2013.

1. Trixie LaRue

Trixie LaRue Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I have been searching through threads for several days and finding bits an pieces of what I need to know, but not sure I have all the right answers. If what I am asking is on one thread somewhere, please direct me to it. If not, I hope someone is willing to answer my questions.

I have a 2010 JBL non-nav. I really want streaming audio, which I know I can't do with that unit. I am thinking of having it replaced with an Alpine cde-147BT or I may get one with video capability for backup camera. However, because the Prius is so proprietary, the audio shops really aren't familiar with what is needed in order to retain the sound and the steering wheel controls. Could someone please tell me:
    - what parts would be essential to maintain decent sound and keep steering wheel control, without breaking the bank. ( If I don't need to add/change the amp, I would prefer not to do that.)
    - what is the best dash kit (can't tell which one on ebay is the one discussed in 2013 threads as being a good match)
    - if I add a backup camera, what recommendations can you give me.

I appreciate any help you can give me on this.

2. Bulle

Bulle Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    I went pretty much through the same wish list at the beginning...

I ended up with the Ottonavi unit.
    Here: Prius | OttoNavi
    I believe it's the only unit for Prius with JBL compatibility.

I tried several non-JBL units before (Flyaudio, etc.) but the sound was not really good and not stable.
    And Bluetooth streaming was not always available.
    There's a huge difference in sound quality if you can get a JBL compatible unit like the Ottonavi.
    And it's a direct plug and play unit: steering wheel controls will work and no need for a dash kit.
    It looks OEM.

There are also a couple of other threads on Ottonavi here; check them out.

You can also customize the software for this unit very easily if you want to:
    Ottonavi HU: How to customize (a bit) the UI | PriusChat

That was true 1 year ago; may be there are other better units now.

So do your homework and let us know!

3. xcuter

xcuter Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I just installed a Myron Davis hu to my 2010 non nav JBL . You will need a adapter for the JBL amp if your using the stock speakers. I used the Scosche adapter I bought on eBay.

SPH-L900 ? 2