1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Pre-owned Prius or Prius v

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Carie, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Carie

Carie New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

My husband and I generally spend months and months researching each and every purchase. But do to some unexpected necessary repairs needed on our 2003 Vibe GT (manual)...we are now in the market to replace it as our commuter car. Our other vehicle is a 2006 Toyota Sienna (bought nearly new in 2008) that we love especially since we have little ones (a 5 year old and 2 year old).

Because of our schedule we consider the Sienna the kids car and whoever has the kids that day has the van...and then whoever is going to work has the other car, which is the one we are looking to replace. Because I have a 25 mile (each way) commute to work, I thought the regular Prius would be a great replacement as the "commuter car". But after driving the Prius v, it seems like it could replace the van, which we still love and aren't ready to trade in just yet.

So now I am torn. I actually liked driving the 2010 Prius (navi and moonroof:) only 14,000miles, priced at $24,000) or the Prius v 3 priced from dealers between $27200-27,925 which would be a better family car if we needed it eventually to be that.

Looking for advice from someone who has owned both a prius and a prius v.

Thanks!

2. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    If you have more than one child, personally, I'd go with the Prius v. Plus it is new, not pre-owned.

I have one 6 year old son and the prius liftback is fine on road trips etc. But if I were to have more than one child I'd certainly go for the Prius v. Just my opinion from my own experiences...

3. jsfabb

jsfabb Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    If you replace the van, don't you still need a commuter car?