1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Prius 3 - 3 New codes P0031, P0102 and P0403

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by B Baker, Jan 20, 2021.

1. B Baker

B Baker New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    We have 2010 Prius 3 with approx 170,000 miles. We have 3 codes P0031, P0102 and P0403.
    Took to our local garage and then said that the 3 sensors are on the same fuse. They found the fuse was blown. They replaced the fuse, cleared the codes and took for a test drive. In about 1 mile of driving the codes came back, the fuse was blown again. Did the same thing once more, replacing fuse with the same outcome. Garage said that there appears to be a short somewhere causing this issue and directed us to the dealer for further troubleshooting. I did also try cleaning the MAF Sensor previously. Might the Air Flow Sensor be causing the Short?

2. tankyuong

tankyuong Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    II
    Unplug the maf and see if it will blow again

B Baker likes this.
  3. B Baker

B Baker New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Issue found.
    I took it to my local garage and they found that a Fuse was blown and all 3 sensors are on the same fuse. They felt is was short somewhere and recommended taking it to the dealer. I took it to the Dealer yesterday and they found that one of the Bank 1 Sensor 2 - O2 Sensor wiring was causing the Short, as it was hanging very close or against the Heatshield. They replaced the O2 Sensor and secured the wiring away from the Heatshield and it only cost $500, LOL, but not laughing.

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  4. Grit

Grit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    o_O

5. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Only three blown fuses for them to recognize what the first one was telling them?

I'll never get why people think "replace the fuse that just blew" is a repair technique.