1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Prius 3 with C2309 error code, p lock error while parking

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Prasad avala, Aug 25, 2023.

1. Prasad avala

Prasad avala New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Please excuse me if it’s l ready asked. Currently I’m broke and need my car back running.

I’m new here and has an issue with my 3rd gen 2010 Prius 3 with 175k miles. We ar
    e seeing a p lock error while parking error and OBD scanner pulled C2309 code. Upon inspection I G2 fuse was blown and keeps on blowing the new fuses. Currently it shows the error o lock error and not able to start. Can anyone help me? Is there a way I can check where it is shorted ? Like removing ignition relay and see if the issue with the ignition coils( one guys issue was resolved). Please share trouble shooting steps to figure out the where the shortage.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome my friend,

i wish it were a simple fix, but p-lock is one of the most vexing problems a prius can have.

here is a thread from a very knowledgable member who fixed his.

i hope it helps you!

3. Prasad avala

Prasad avala New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    @bisco , thank you for the reply. I couldn’t see any link in your reply.
    Can you post the link?

I’m very handy but new to hybrids, I ordered all 4 denso ignition coils and NGK iridium spark plugs as the old ones are cheap after market.

My IG2 fuse is keeps blowing that means it should be an issue with the ignition coils ( one of them shorted) or injectors per another guy. Looks like gen2 and gen3 fuses are little changed. In gen2 people use to blow AM2 fuse which is related to bad ECU but in gen3 IG2 fuse relates to ignition.

meantime, I’m going to remove the inhibition coil power plugs for all 4 and put the new IG2 fuse. If it’s not blown then the issue is with one of the ignition coils.
    Then I will start putting the power plugs to the coil one at a time and see if a faulty coil pack blows the fuse.

If the issue is not with the ignition coils, my other route is to disconnect the injectors and start the same testing as iginition coils above. Is that sounds good ?

kindly help me or throw some light, currently not able to start the car or move into park and it’s draining the 12v battery.

#3 Prasad avala, Sep 1, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2023
  4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
  5. ASRDogman

ASRDogman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    You could put a charger on the battery.... :whistle:

6. nicoj36

nicoj36 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I once had the p-lock issue that got me stuck at a parking lot but thanks to this forum, i was able to get it to start again to get home. Here’s what i did:

put the e-brake on all the way, push the start-button twice to turn the car on, step on the brake and hold the shift-lever to the left to put the car in neutral, keep your foot on the brake and push the start button again to start the car.

this method allowed me to start my car and get out of p-lock. Once i got home, i replaced my 12v battery asap and never had the issue again. My old 12v was the original oem toyota from when it was brand new.

Let us know if this works for you.

bisco likes this.