1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 prius 3

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by tdubb, Sep 7, 2012.

1. tdubb

tdubb New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    How do I know when to take the car in for service? Is there a onboard computer alert that will alert me?

2. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Welcome aboard! There is a mileage based reminder (5K intervals), but that is about it. What is the mileage?

3. tdubb

tdubb New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    i bought the car used. i cannot sign up iwth toyota. i think because the vin was registerd under the previous owner.
    it has 14400 miles on it

4. rsgillmd

rsgillmd Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    The car generally alerts you to oil changes -- although it will likely be set to to the 5K interval, as opposed to the 10K miles interval that became standard after I bought my car. You can reset it at 5K miles and it'll pop up again. Find out when the last oil change was (month and miles), and go from there. I get mine changed once a year to be safe.

Tire rotations are every 5K miles.

There should be a booklet that came with the car which lists the maintenance schedule. Otherwise you can download it online.

5. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    It shouldn't matter. Did you get an error message or something? If so, email toyotaowners and let them know the situation.

6. milkman44

milkman44 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II

I bought my '10 used with 40,000 miles and had no trouble registering at toyotaowners.com. Had it less than a year and now have almost 70K, the miles sure rack up fast.