1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Prius and Fusion Hybrid side by side

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by nineinchnail1024, Jul 3, 2009.

1. nineinchnail1024

nineinchnail1024 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Wednesday, my mom bought a new Fusion Hybrid. After we got to her house, I snapped a few pics with my digital camera, which I then forgot in my mom's car. However, my wife got a few cell phone shots. They are crappy quality, but I'll post them here for anyone wanting to see the Fusion Hybrid and Prius side by side. The Prius is a blizzard pearl package 3 and the Fusion is a tri-white metallic with every option except for nav. To me, the paint looks identical. I apologize for the quality (the sun was going down, the camera phone sucks, and there were some bugs on the front of both cars due to the 40 mile drive home from the ford dealer).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here's a shot of my old GEN II parked next to my GEN III (we happened to drive past it on an empty block behind the dealership where I traded it in, so I stopped and snapped a pic).

[​IMG]

Again, sorry for the quality. Camera phones are poopoo.

1 person likes this.
  2. CAR4TWO

CAR4TWO New Member

Model:
    III
    Very nice!:)

The Fusion almost looks bigger. I do like the hatchback of the Prius better. There is a big difference in looks of the headlights G2 vs. G3.

Thanks for sharing.;)

3. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    I'd say the Fusion's paint is "whiter" and the BP is a bit creamier just from those pics.

4. jay_man2

jay_man2 jay_man_also

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yup, I agree.

5. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for the pics. :0

I really like the look of the GenIII over the GenII. :(

6. CenVal

CenVal Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Here's a pic of the white Fusion I took when I test drove it. To me, it has a pinkish tint.

I prefer the BP!

CIMG0292.jpg

1 person likes this.
  7. zencat

zencat Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    A friend just got the Fusion and it's a very nice car. The electronics (nav, etc.) are amazing. I think that's the one area it has the Prius beat.

8. DianneWhitmire

DianneWhitmire High PRIUStess

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    ........til the first time it goes in for service. Again and again.
    I'm sorry but their electronics are awful - and their service handling for folks after 36K is gut wrenching. You just don't matter to them after 36K.
    Been there, done that. Never again -- and this was on TWO cars in a row. Not one experience. 2002 Mountaineer and a 2003 Lincoln Navigator.

Di

9. nineinchnail1024

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Wow, sorry you had such bad luck. I took two mustangs well over 100k miles without any issues. I guess it's just the luck of the draw.

10. nineinchnail1024

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    The LCD guage display is far and away superior to my prius display. We looked at a Milan Hybrid with nav, and I hate to say it, but it was far and away superior to the prius nav as well. I honestly like the design of my Prius better, as well as my MPG, but there is no denying that the Fusion Hybrid is a superbly built car. The fit and finish on that car rivals luxury brands that cost twice as much.

11. equake

equake Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    The FFH does have electronics that rival luxury brands. After the TD I find the instrument panel a little overwhelming with menus and settings but enjoy the behind the wheel loation. The Nav unit mimics the MFD displaying fuel economy and Hybrid drive status similar to the Gen II Prius.

The Gen III Prius I find more ergo friendly

12. a priori

a priori Canonus Curiosus

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I'm hoping to see the photos from your digital camera soon, because you are correct about the cell phone pics . . .

I don't think those photos do justice to the Fusion. It is a nice looking car. Still, it is much too conventional looking for me, and I greatly prefer the look of the Gen3 Prius to either the Gen2 or the Fusion. Compared to other midsize 4-door sedans, it is a nice look, but I'd prefer the European look, anyway.

What is great to hear is the news about the fit and finish of the car and the "luxury" feel of the interior. Also, it is nice to hear the electronics have such a visual appeal.

Hopefully, the FFH will hold up well (and sell well!). The lack of a hatchback (and small trunk) really make the FFH (or any smaller 4-door sedan) non-choices for me. If the FE were really incredible and the cost lower, I'd consider it, but I need to drive enough with people and luggage that it just doesn't make sense for me and our family.

13. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Nice. The Ford's tri-coat white is definitely whiter than BP.

14. Martin37

Martin37 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Did mom happen to read the August issue of Consumer Reports, page 63, regarding the Honda Insight? :eek:

15. nineinchnail1024

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    No, but I can only assume the review was negative. She considered the FFH, Milan Hybrid, Prius and Insight. The first car she looked at was the Insight, and immediately crossed it off of her list, commenting that she was "not in the market for a plastic clown car."

16. nineinchnail1024

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Lol. It's quite a drive to mom's house, but I will probably cross paths with her sometime within the next week. HQ pics will follow.