1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Prius Canadian Pricing?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by technoratic, Apr 23, 2009.

1. technoratic

technoratic Newbie Prius Owner :)

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi everyone,

Any clue when the 2010 prius canadian pricing / options will be out? :(

2. moner

moner New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The options that will be available have been out for about a month now. My dealer gave me a copy of the Canadian ordering guide listing the packages. I scanned all the pages and posted them here... 2010 Prius pictures by 2010prius - Photobucket
    Still no word on pricing though, my dealer is still saying some time in May but I'm hoping he's wrong. I really want to see some base prices starting at the same cost as the base 2009!

1 person likes this.
  3. technoratic

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Wow you got more out of your toyota dealer than I did. My dealer didn't want even admit the 2010 model exists! :)

I seriously hope they keep the canadian base price the same or lower. Here's to some high hopes!

4. Richard P

Richard P New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Last Wednesday, my Toyota dealer had a meeting with the Sales Manager of the province of Quebec and got some interesting but disappointing info.

Apparently, the price list will be published a week or two before the launching of the Prius, scheduled for the 18th of June !

5. sergebergeron

sergebergeron New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I live in Cornwall Ontario and I am also waiting for the Canadian prices although I know I can still watch the USA and import one if it is better. Time will tell.

6. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It will be released late May/early June. Actual date will be announced asap.

7. moner

moner New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I am just dying to hear the prices, not fair that we need to wait so much longer than those lucky Americans! My mind is made up either way; I just hope the dealer gives me fair trade-in value.
    Soon that beautiful black 2010 will be mine, oh yes. :mullet:

8. TdotBlizzard

TdotBlizzard New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    It's pretty ridiculous that we have to wait so much longer for pricing when the actual delivery dates between the US and Canada are probably only 2 weeks apart.

I'm taking the Insight out for a test drive this week for the heck of it. It should only take one look at the smaller amount of space in the backseat to reconvince me not to buy it (baby car seats are hard enough in mid-sizes) but it should be fun regardless.

9. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm sure the calculators are off the hook right now. It's a pretty finicky market right now and Toyota wants to price it right. Make sure it's low enough to entice us to buy and not complain about the high prices and yet still make a profit and retain market value as the dollar rises or drops. I've noticed that prices have been rising considerably for the other Toyota models. I hope it isn't a sign to come (The 2010 Corolla is nearly $1,000 more than it was 1 year ago).

Well Europe and Canada are getting later releases. US and Japan gets it first.

I just took the Insight out today. We can compare notes lol.

10. TdotBlizzard

TdotBlizzard New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I finally got down to Honda yesterday. The test drive was for the most part better than expected. I went in hearing a lot of negative things and they weren't as bad as expected. For instance the engine starting up/shutting off when you inch along in heavy traffic wasn't as rattling or noisy as I had heard. The only time it hit too noisy for my tastes was on steep uphillsm then it was REAL loud. Ride itself was pretty comfortable, steering/driving felt like any other car.

Only other noticeable negative was that it was only 20 degrees (no clouds) out but with 3 guys in the car we needed the A/C on, so the engine was starting up before we needed to move to generate power for the A/C.

The price is definitely right on. Now it's just a waiting game for the Prius and its prices.

11. moner

moner New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm liking the progress of the Canadian dollar lately, $22000 USD for the Prius II translates into $25847 CAD today. So much higher than last month! Not that Toyota will do a direct conversion but it gives me hope that the prices will at the least be on par with the $27700 cost of the 2009. :nerd:

12. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    ooh it's up to 84 cents now... nice.

Yeah your thoughts mirror mine. I went in thinking well.. how bad is it, really? I did sit in it at the Montreal Auto Show and felt that interior was cheap. It was well made like every other Honda but the choice of material for the headliner, dashboard and the (very flimsy) rear cargo floor was poor but then again, it's supposed to be the world's cheapest hybrid.

I also thought it rode quite well and visibilty was excellent. The A-pillars were a good size and don't obstruct visibility when turning left. The A/C was cold (but then again, it was 8°C outside). The engine is a bit noisy (just like the Prius I guess) when pushed hard. The engine also transmit the jerk into the passenger cabin when it comes on (nothing like the massive shakedown when the engine shut off in my Prius when it was brand new).

The steering felt numb just like the current Prius (maybe it's because I'm coming from a smart and not the Prius.. the smart's steering feels direct).

And I coaxed 4.5L/100km out on that test route. Not bad for a brand new car in 8°C weather. It still wasn't enough for the car's virtual trophy though :(. I only got 4½ leaves.

13. technoratic

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Here's hoping that it does stay at the same price! I was considering an 09, but after driving it around for a bit (got a zipcar rental), I found the seats to be uncomfortable (as echoed by my prius owners). Also I found myself staring at the info touch screen too much (to check my L/100km). It would be nice that info was in the driver's line of view and the addition of the econ gauge would give a quick-glance indication of fuel econ. Not to mention the EV and Econ buttons! :) the 2010 is worth the wait :)

14. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Yup!

And the 2010 addresses all those, eh? instant L/100km next to the speedo but a useful Hybrid System Indicator. I can myself using that a lot more often than the Energy Monitor. I use the Energy Monitor to glide but it's nye impossible to see in the new one (esp. since now the arrow from the engine to the wheel is red). The HSI is easier to see at a glance. It also frees up the space so you can have some sort of hybrid information and the navigation screen at the same time.

15. moner

moner New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well, I just got a thoroughly depressing email from my Vancouver BC Toyota dealer. He says that all of BC is only being allocated ONE 2010 Prius in a shipment that will be arriving some time in June. He also mentioned that Toyota has not yet allowed dealers to submit their orders, but will soon. Please someone tell me that he's somehow wrong? One unit in all of BC? It's beginning to look like I'll be driving my money pit Benz for a lot longer now... :(

16. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    wow... looks like it might be a tester... wonder who's gonna get it.. OpenRoad or Jim Pattison LOL.

17. moner

moner New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'll definitely be keeping my fingers crossed that Jim Pattison gets it then, since that's where my deposit is! ;)

18. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    We'll leave the model as N/A for now since Canada won't use the trim level designation so just list your package (which I think is the base?)

19. TdotBlizzard

TdotBlizzard New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I put my deposit down in March. At the time my dealer was able to log right on and submit my order in front of me. He said his dealership was allowed to submit 2 complete orders, the rest would be waiting list until in-transit.

I got an update since then that my car would start production the last week of April then to expect 6 -9 weeks. I was going to ask for another update next week. Hopefully June 18th is a trustworthy date (6 weeks today).

20. moner

moner New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It's funny because when I put my deposit down at the end of March, my dealer logged on to some Toyota network and entered all my order details as well. Maybe the order was only submitted to Toyota Canada and not to actual Toyota? Let me know when you get your update from your dealer, I'm confused. :confused:
    Either way, I think I'm going to have to learn to be more patient!