1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Prius Colors with Photos!

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by Danny, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    [​IMG]

PriusChat has obtained internal Toyota documents showing us the 2010 Prius paint colors that will be available on your spankin' new next-generation Prius coming to dealerships in late Spring.

Instead of the current 9 colors being offered on the 2G Prius, the 3G Prius will be available in 7 colors. As you can see from the image below, Silver Pine Mica (6U0) and Seaside Pearl are being dropped, Classic Silver Metallic, Black, and Barcelona Red are being carried over into the new generation, and 4 other colors (White, Driftwood Pearl, Magnetic Gray, and Spectra Blue Mica) are being replaced by newer Toyota colors.

Click image to view properly:

[​IMG]

Don't want to look at the image? Here's a table for you:

2009 Action 2010
    1 040 Super White Replaced 070 Blizzard Pearl
    2 1F7 Classic Silver Metallic Carryover 1F7 Classic Silver Metallic
    3 1G3 Magnetic Gray Metallic Replaced 8V1 Winter Gray Metallic
    4 2O2 Black Carryover 2O2 Black
    5 3R3 Barcelona Red Metallic Carryover 3R3 Barcelona Red Metallic
    6 4S2 Driftwood Pearl Replaced 4T8 Sandy Beach Metallic
    7 6U0 Silver Pine Mica Dropped None
    8 8S2 Seaside Pearl Dropped None
    9 8M6 Spectra Blue Mica Replaced 8T5 Blue Ribbon Metallic

You can view full-size renderings of all of the 2010 Prius colors in PriusChat's 2010 Toyota Prius Photos album:

2010 Toyota Prius Photos - PriusChat <--Click HERE for full size renderings.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I'd like to go on record and wonder why in the world they are not having a Seaside Pearl-esque color available for the 2010. That color is consistently the PriusChat Shop's top seller when it comes to painted accessories.

Attached Files:

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    mostly recycled colors from the current Prius...the Sandy whatever being the exception.

Was hopeful they'd give us the Tideland color, or some other unique variation in this gen.

3. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Blizzard Pearl? :huh:
    Who comes up with these color names?

The loss of the green Prius is sorely felt. That's the color JavaJunki wanted.

4. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Tideland Pearl was and continues to be the best Prius color ever!

Then again, I think it would be interesting to see a Prius painted like the swatch-colored one in the big picture.

5. dogfriend

dogfriend Human - Animal Hybrid

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Back in college, I had a friend who had a multi-colored VW Squareback. It wasn't a fashion statement though. It had been totaled at least half a dozen times and the replacement body panels were left whatever color they were from the donor vehicle(s).

If I hadn't bought a white car, my second pref would be green (silver pine mica). It seems like a very popular choice around our area (Sacramento).

6. priusuk2008

priusuk2008 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Interesting that they have replaced the Spectra Blue Mica color already and its only been available just over a year on the Gen II Prius. I think this might improve its resale value, being such a lovely color and now a rarity. Any other Spectra Blue owners think so too ?

7. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    One of the major drivers to new colours is the move to environmentally conscious paint. It can be water based these days. Many of the "Pearl" or clearcoated colours used a toxic carrier in the clearcoat. When they tried to change to non-toxic carriers the colour either didn't work well, or was different. Hence the new colours/names. So usually the change in colour is a sign of "good things happening" (tm). :)

As for the names, hey, the marketing guys have to do -something- to justify their paycheck. ;)

8. nyty-nyt

nyty-nyt Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    The three silverish colours look the same to me. That's disappointing.

9. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    It's the camera and lighting. One is white, one is silver, and one is light gray.

-Never- rely on a picture to asses the actual appearance of a coloured object. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

10. ronhowell

ronhowell Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    No Silver Pine Mica!!? :( I love the subtle shade of green that color represents. And who in heck needs black ... which is really a total absence of color. No part of ROYGBIV, and soaks up heat in sunny climes.

It's probably the cheapest coating to apply though.

11. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    I remember the first time I saw Tideland at a dealer preview. I immediately changed my pioneer order from Seaside Blue to Tideland Green.

I was seriously hoping that the Matador Red Mica that Lexus has would have made it to the Prius. That color just pops and has so much dimension in person.

From the renderings, the Sandy Beach would get lost out here in a desert dust storm. ;-) I'd probably have to go for the blue unless there was something unique about the white, sliver, or grey.

12. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I absolutely LOVE the Blue Ribbon blue color. Saw it a few years ago and wished they would offer the Prius in that color.

But it's not enough to get me over the newly designed interior. I HATE the new interior. And since I'll be looking at the interior more than the exterior....my last chance for a dark blue Prius is 2009. I hope the economy improves enough so I can sell my 2005. I've got HOV stickers for CA but they expire Jan 2011 so I need to move fast to take advantage of the HOV perk, but not so fast I can't sell my old Prius for a good price.

13. Bohous

Bohous New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius

I agree with the premise but I suspect these are actually Photoshop paint jobs, not studio lighting for each individual color.

Also, add me to the list who is disappointed to see the demise of the Spectra Blue. The blue ribbon seems little generic based on the pics but as stated above, it's not the same as it appears in the promo pics.

14. Brianb913

Brianb913 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    R.I.P spectra blue mica... you will be sorely missed. on the other hand these look like rushed photoshopped color swap pictures, and as such i think i'll reserve my judgment on the new colors till i see some better quality pics or actually see them on a lot. That being said i'm still probly gonna go for either the basic black or the blue depending on how different it really is from spectra blue mica.

15. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Keep in mind that the photos are all photoshop renderings based on color chips from other Toyota models. These photos are NOT necessarily true to life what the colors will look like on the car.

16. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Love it! After looking around the net at photos and driving to my dealer to see a blizzard pearl venza in person I changed my 2010 order to a blizzard pearl. I love pearl coats... Never was a fan of the white Prius, but that was probably because the city bought SO many white Prius' for DEP... And I see them ALL day long.

17. edmcohen

edmcohen Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I, too, lament the lack of some shade of green such as "silver pine mica." Honda also has lacked a green in the years when I bought a new car. Henry Ford said, "Any customer can have a car painted any colour that he wants so long as it is black." That was in 1909, as he was introducing the Model T.

18. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    So the only new colour is Winter Grey Metallic (and I have a suspicion it's the colour shown on that SKS sneak peek).

I think Sandy Beach is from the new Highlander. Either way, they're all current Toyota colours except Winter Grey Metallic.

I'm happy they're offering Blizzard Pearl. It's a REALLY nice colour (take a look at a RAV4 Limited or the new Yaris RS). It's a pearly white and it's a 3-coat premium paint (Toyota charges Cdn$255 for it). It replaced Diamond White Pearl back in 2004? 2005?

I do wish that Toyota offered a better black. Black is without clearcoat I believe. Black Sand Pearl would've been nicer.

19. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Spectra Blue Mica is an old colour dating back to 2001. I was wondering why they brought it back (along with Salsa Red Pearl). They had Indigo Ink which is similar to Spectra Blue and so is Blue Ribbon (albeit it's a bit brighter than Spectra or Indigo Ink). Nautical Blue Metallic and Stratosphere Mica are darker blues.

20. mrg

mrg Member

The main reason I sold my first Prius (2004 model) was it was Black with cloth interior. It was terribly hot in our part of the country and showed dust and dirt so easy. Also the cloth seats were very uncomfortable and hard to keep clean.

I wanted a Silver Pine Mica when I bought my current 2007 Prius, but White or Red was the only ones available without a possible long wait. According to all the salesmen in our area at the time. Of course right after I accepted taking a Red one. Prices when down and most colors were readily available.

I understand the paint was changed for the reason offered in earlier post. However, I think some sort of green should have been in the colors available. More than 1/2 the colors are Black, White, Silver, or Gray. Many will disagree, but plain in my personal opinion. Some people that are not color blind don't like Rad or Blue. That does not give them much choice of color again that is my personal opinion.

I am disappointed Silver Pine Mica or something similar will not be available, if I decided to update for a 2010 model. As satisfied as I have been with my 2007 Prius, I would not want another Red one right after owning one, so I may not udate to a 2010 Prius.