1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Prius contributes to more carcinogens

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Fuel Economy' started by mad-dog-one, Feb 8, 2010.

1. mad-dog-one

mad-dog-one Prius Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    ----USA----
    The remarkably low fuel consumption of the Gen 3 Prius results in accumulation of unused petroleum distillates at distribution sites that are dispersed in thousands of locations throughout the world. Petroleum distillates, including gasoline are “known by the State of California to cause cancer,†with warning signs posted in locations where the toxic products are sold throughout the Golden State. In addition to their known carcinogenic effects, these highly processed petroleum products are volatile and can explode or contribute to uncontrolled and intensive fire under commonly encountered circumstances. The 2010 Prius contributes to greater accumulation of these carcinogenic and explosive agents at storage sites located within virtually every U.S. city. Per automobile, the 2010 Prius contributes to more unused levels of these toxic petroleum distillates than any other automobile currently marketed. On average, levels of these agents may remain in the storage reservoirs of these vehicles for longer periods than other cars. The magnitude of the accumulation of these unspent and toxic agents resulting from the 2010 Prius may pose a greater threat to human health and safety than the alleged brake anomaly. The consequences from the accumulation of these toxic and explosive agents throughout the world should be sufficient grounds to ban importation of the 2010 Prius, although this prohibition would undoubtedly result in an increased demand, and perhaps a black-market, for this dread automobile. :cool:

2. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hahaha awesome :)

3. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    (I sincerely hope my sarcasm meter is just broken, otherwise this is the oddest troll this week)

Are you also worried about a global build up of buggy whips, since folks do less riding in buggies than 100 years ago? What is that you say, they just make fewer buggy whips because demand is down?

Perhaps they will refine less gasoline if demand ever goes down. With less produced, exposure will be less, not more.

4. mad-dog-one

mad-dog-one Prius Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    ----USA----

Your buggy whip example is a brilliant illustration of the same principle, although it is a bit kinky. :yo:

5. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I'm much more worried about the build-up of surplus electrons caused by the glut of energy efficient lighting.

Tom

6. Mark57

Mark57 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR AWD

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Seriously . . . ;)

Attached Files:

7. GrumpyCabbie

GrumpyCabbie Senior Member

Vehicle: