1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Prius External Mirror Black Trim

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by AlanInAustin, Jan 1, 2015.

1. AlanInAustin

AlanInAustin Junior Member

Prius was backed out of the garage and the left external mirror clipped the garage door jamb. The black trim piece surrounding the mirror broke and I'm looking for a replacement but can't find one. I'd appreciate suggestions on where to shop. (I've tried a couple of places but apparently I'm not coming up with the right incantation of terms as I keep getting add-on kits and such to fancy up the mirror. Is there some special set of terms I can use to skinny down search results?)

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    AlanInAustin likes this.
  3. AlanInAustin

Thank you.

The part I need is the black trim piece which fits between the mirror surface and the cowling/housing for the mirror itself. This appears to be part #4, but it seems a shame to have to buy that whole thing for only the small plastic trim piece. Is that what I really need to do?

4. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    That is just the trim piece for that price. The entire mirror is much more

AlanInAustin likes this.
  5. AlanInAustin

I just called Camelback to place the order and, when I talked with the guy there, he insisted that I needed to make a specially ordered part of around $300 because that trim piece wasn't a serviceable part. Should I just say "forget it" and go to my local Toyota dealer? Kinda confused right now...

Attached Files:

6. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    oh what you have is not a broken cover, it's actually the mirror housing. You would have to buy the entire mirror.

I think you can superglue it back on if you can find the broken piece.

7. AlanInAustin

Unfortunately, it broke into multiple, tiny pieces. I may see if I can just do something to camouflage the damage. *SIGH*