1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 prius for Sale

Discussion in 'Private Sales' started by adamace1, Dec 15, 2009.

1. adamace1

adamace1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I will have to sell my car over the next month or two. I have lost my job and don't want to have to afford it. I am in no hurry to sell it so I would like a fair value for it. I will be getting the trade in value for carmax, and a couple of others dealers. I will not sell it for less than i can sell it to a dealer, not worth the extra time for me.

It's a package II in winter grey paint, and the dark interior. I followed the break in Procedure for the first 1,000 miles.The oil was changed before the 5,000 mark both times, The car currently has 12,000 miles on it. Most of the miles are highway. I have treated the car with the mindset that i would be the only owner for the life of the car and wanted it to last a long time. It has a lifetime mpg of 52.8(pump numbers) You can find my car on fuelly.com The name is My new Prius in the 2010 listings.

I thought I would list it on this site to see if there is any interest. I would like to see a fellow priuschatter buy the car rather than a dealer. I will be listing it in a bunch places within the next month. Like i was saying i don't need to sell it, but am going to over the next month or two. If anyone is interested I'm located in Mooresville, NC. I will sell it for a reasonable offer.

2. bagwell

bagwell Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    sorry to hear of your job loss...here's hoping 2010 is a better year for you.

3. Sandy

Sandy Hippi Chick

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    What are you asking?

4. adamace1

adamace1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I don't know the value yet. I can't get a bluebook on a 2010 yet.
    I am going to see what carmax/ maybe a dealer or two will give me and if no one offers anything better than them i will just trade it in. I know they will buy it from me and mark it up 1,000 to 2,000 and sell it. So I'm trying to cut out the middle man and save me a little money and a buyer alot of money.

I looked up a 09 and it's private party value is 20,743. So mine being a year newer and a updated/improved stats/design will bluebook higher than that. But i will be willing to accept any reasonable offer more than the trade in. What i'm asking on here is offers. I'm not trying to get private party value, just an offer more than trade in. If nobody wants it before i get trade in values i might just list it in alot of places and try to sell it that way.

5. bagwell

bagwell Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Carmax will mark it up a bunch more than that...!!

if you're looking for a quick sale -- get their offer and just add about $500 to it and post the price here.....

however -- at this time of year they may lowball you big time!!

just for reference -- I recently almost bought a Pkg II '10 for 20750 (with 8000 miles)...this was from a dealer -- so I wouldn't plan on getting more than $21K for yours.

6. djasonw

djasonw Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Before you sell it you should make an attempt at seeking new employment. You're going to kick yourself in the head when you get a job and wish you had your shiny 2010 Prius.

7. adamace1

adamace1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I know. I do want a job and i am looking. thats why i'm not in a big hurry at the moment. But if i do sell it me and my gf can move, so if i do get a job for the first week or two we can carpool or i could ride the bus. Then i can buy a car again if things are going good with my new job. I my just get a cheap car to avoid high or higher payments for a while so i don't end up in the same situation again.

8. adamace1

adamace1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II

Right. I'm just trying to find someone like you, to save them and me some money. I wouldn't think i could ask as much as you almost paid. But how much less than 20750 would a privite seller has to ask for you to have considered not going to a dealer?

9. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I don't know what you paid for the car but I'd hold on as long as possible. That new job could be far away then you'd need the FE. Can you afford to take the ~$2000 loss? ($22714 can get another in Baltimore.)

Good luck.

10. adamace1

adamace1 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I'm thinking if i get a ok offer, i could get out of the loan, get moved and try to get work that in the area i could carpool with my gf. I could also maybe take the bus. I might just save up my money and pay cash for a car. I don't know though, i do want to try to sell it, but i'm not going to lose to much in the process.