1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Prius. Idles fine, under acceleration it misfires

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by mypriuscious, Jul 22, 2024 at 8:40 PM.

1. mypriuscious

mypriuscious Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Title explains the symptoms. It bogs down when I hit the accelerator.

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    That with these cars is generally a kind of backwards not saying that this can't happen but usually it's a little different so when you're giving it the gas you got a bunch of stuttering going on so when you read the codes you're looking to see if you have random misfiers or codes for the given cylinder that is misfiring or is it all four of them plus the random You need the code reader to get that series of codes generally I would say with this engine if you have the codes for the four individual cylinders misfiring at given times and possibly the random misfire code I might take a look at my coils and certainly make sure my plugs are in order we're not at 89,000 miles on our 100,000 mi plugs or something like that just to be clear look at the tips while you're looking at the tips of all four plugs if you use a small magnifying glass you want to look for small microfine water droplets and I do mean fine on your insulators the part of the plug that goes into the cylinder. When you see those microfine droplets then you can bring that plug right up to your nostril and you should smell ethylene glycol or whatever is in your degas bottle. And if that's the case you can stop right there because you know you've got some seepage putting out the fire in the given cylinders of the plugs you find this on. I would do that first realizing you have to take the windshield wipers the plastic trim and the metal tray that holds the windshield washer motor out of the vehicle to remove the spark plugs in your car and your model

3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    #3 Mendel Leisk, Jul 23, 2024 at 12:13 AM
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2024 at 12:29 AM