1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Prius IV No NAV Ipod options?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by asv, Sep 30, 2009.

1. asv

asv New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I have 2010 IV without NAV. What are my ipod integration options? PT545-00082? Does PT233-47100 require NAV?

Thanks,

2. rrolff

rrolff Prius Surgeon

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    You might consider a different unit with NAV, Bluetooth, and iPod... Look through the many threads here... There are options out there in the Ebay world that range from cheap (~500) to high-end ($1200) - all would support an excellent nav, give good sound, get you Bluetooth, iPod, and make your car more valuable in the long run...

3. asv

asv New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I just want an ipod adaptor for the existing OEM solution.

4. r_egan

r_egan Junior Member

5. rrolff

rrolff Prius Surgeon

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
  6. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    It doesn't come with a screen, they are just showing a screen shot of what it looks like if you have a nav or other touchscreen integrated with your stereo. It does not do video.

7. DTL

DTL New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I'm curious to know a response to the original poster's question. Will the OEM USB adapter that is available through the Toyota site or the Priuschat Shop work with a non-NAV Prius III or IV?

I've searched the forums and I'm not clear on the possibility that if you don't have NAV, you must have the Prius II stereo to use the basic iPod Interface.

Is this incorrect, or would it be possible to purchase this adapter for a III or IV that is not NAV equipped? Just looking for confirmation.

And, on an unrelated note, I cannot say how useful these forums have been over the last couple of months. I just bought my 2010 Prius III today and am picking it up on Monday. It will be an adjustment as I am going from a Subaru WRX, but I got sick and tired of driving stick in my stop and go 1-hour commute every day during which I was rarely every to take advantage of the pep that car could deliver. Looking forward to a more relaxed and fuel efficient commute in my Prius! :D

8. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    The official word from PriusTeam (Toyota marketing folks) was that neither the glovebox ipod connector nor the USB Interface would work with the non nav stereo in the III or IV. On the other hand, some posters have said they had the glove box part installed and it works. I'm pretty sure they had to give up XM though. There's also the USB audio vaistech part (noted above) that is supposed to be available this month that may be compatible:

http://www.vaistech.com/products/home.php

9. Scotdvd

Scotdvd New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
  10. marshac

marshac New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    IMO the lack of USB is just plain cheap on Toyota's part. This past week someone backed into my car in a parking lot (and drove off of course), so while my car is in the shop, i'm driving a 2009 Kia Rio from Hertz- arguably the cheapest new car one could buy in north america- and it has a USB port.