1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Prius IV solar/nav pkg -iPod interface

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by bnorris, Feb 17, 2011.

1. bnorris

bnorris New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I have had my 2010 Prius IV with the solar roof/navigation package for less than 18 hours...and I'm confused. I have searched through the archives here and there seems to be some debate about the iPod interface.

I did not purchase the iPod interface with the car. I did see it listed in the accessory guide, so I called the parts department for a quote. The price was $246 but there was a warning listed that the interface would not work with satellite radio. I want to keep my XM, but also want to control the iPod from the steering wheel.

Is this possible? If so, what part should I buy? Does it have to be installed by the dealership?

I am genuinely excited about this car. Coming from an 08 Honda Element EX AWD, I am a bit overwhelmed by the Prius!

Regards,
    Brian

2. Thai

Thai Prius Neophyte

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    You don't need any iPod interface...your NAVI already has USB connection in the center console along with AUX input. Just plug your iPod into the USB and your playlist, artists, songs, etc will show up in the NaVI screen.

Do not buy any additional iPod kit!!!!!!

3. Thai

Thai Prius Neophyte

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    The iPod interface kit is for non-NAVI Prius.

4. bnorris

bnorris New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Thanks for the info! I will try it when I get home.

Brian