1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Prius- Master Warning light and slip indicator light on when starting the car

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Cdnmary, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Cdnmary

Cdnmary New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    My 2010 Prius master indicator light and slip indicator light comes on when I start my car and then goes away. What does this mean? Am I pressing too hard on my brake?

2. tankyuong

tankyuong Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    II
  3. Pluggo

Pluggo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    It is normal to see all the warning lights for 2 seconds when you start the car. This lets you know the lights are working properly. You should worry if you don't see them.

4. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Maybe.

@Cdnmary are these light's "lingering", say 10~15 seconds, or is it just a split-second while the car is booting up?

5. Cdnmary

Cdnmary New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Thank you everyone. I just found a you tube video that also explains it is a normal function that somehow I never noticed.

6. hamlin

hamlin New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I HAVE HAD A SMILAR ISSUE WITH MY 2012 PRIUS. SLIP INDICATOR LIGHT USUALLY GOES OFF IN A COUPLE OF SECONDS BUT DOES IN FACT SOMETIMES "LINGER FOR 10 TO 15 SECONDS". IT DOES ALWAYS GO OFF HOWEVER. ANYONE OUT THERE HAVE AN OPINION ON THIS? AND WOULD PRESSING THE BRAKE PEDAL MORE LIGHTLY BE BENEFICIAL? FINALLY CAN YOU POST THE TITLE OF THAT YOU TUBE VIDEO OR PROVIDE THE ACTUAL URL LINK? MANY THANKS.