1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Prius MK3 Hybrid Warning

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Nash Jay, Apr 26, 2022.

1. Nash Jay

Nash Jay New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone can give me some advise before I try to fix this myself.

A few days ago I felt my engine jump a little (around the same time as I was putting the AC) and the dash lit up and a message saying check hybrid system. I've checked a 10amp fuse (located in spot 26 / 28) and it looks fine.

I connected an ODB reader and it came out with a DC to DC converter issue which suggests the Inverter needs to be replaced. I contacted Toyota and arranged the 2018 recall be applied. They applied the system update but did not look at the inverter. They want £100 odd to look at the issue and mention that if the fault turns out to be with the IPM module (the reason for the recall) if would not be covered by the extended warranty.

Therefore I need to change this part myself, seems easy enough from the video's Ive seen online. I have a few questions if anyone can help:

If I use an imported inverter, will this work with my non-imported Prius:
    Any tips when shopping around for a used inverter?
    Does the coolant need to be drained before I change this part (I don't think it does).

Any advise would be appreciated, thank you.