1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Prius Models and Option Packages

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Prius Team, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Prius Team

Prius Team Toyota Marketing USA

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Doug Coleman, Prius Product Manager for Toyota Motor Sales USA and friend to all PriusChatters, has provided PriusChat with the details on the 2010 Prius Models and Option Packages in an exclusive release before the information has even been posted to Toyota's own pressroom. Below is the message that Doug posted this afternoon in the PriusChat Forums. Alright everyone. You’ve been begging to know, so we twisted a few rules to get this info to you. Hot off the presses. At the time of launch, we plan to offer the following models and packages: Models
    • Prius II (model 1223): Standard equipment includes AM/FM/CD with WMA/MP3 playback capability, auxiliary audio jack, remote keyless entry, driver door Smart Key System, power door locks and power windows with auto up/down control, cruise control, tilt/telescopic steering wheel, driver seat vertical adjust, Push Button Start, electronic shift lever, 60/40 split fold down rear seats, Touch Tracer Display, Front, side, curtain, and driver knee airbags, 4-wheel disc brakes, STAR® Safety System, active front headrests, EV/Eco/Power modes, Multi-Information Display, 15” alloy wheels with wheel covers, halogen headlamps, rear wiper, heated outside mirrors
    • Prius III (mode 1225): Prius II equipment, plus JBL® AM/FM/6-CD changer with Bluetooth® hands free capability, integrated XM Satellite radio, and eight speakers
    • Prius IV (model 1227): Prius III equipment, plus leather trimmed seats and steering wheel, heated front seats, power driver lumbar support, 3-Door Smart Key, illuminated entry, Plasmacluster™, and autodimming rearview mirror with Homelink®
    • Prius V (model 1229): Prius IV equipment, plus 17” alloy wheels, LED headlamps with washers, and foglamps
    Available Packages
    • Navigation Package: Voice-activated navigation system and backup monitor (available on Prius III, IV, and V)
    • Solar Roof Package: Tilt-slide moonroof with solar powered ventilation system and remote air-conditioning system, and voice-activated navigation system and backup monitor (available on Prius III and IV)
    • Advanced Technology Package: Lane Keep Assist, Dynamic Radar Cruise Control, Pre-Collision System, Intelligent Parking Assist, and voice-activated navigation system and backup monitor (available on Prius V)
    Notes of interest:
    1. Prius I? Stay tuned, but not available at launch timing.
    2. There are 10 possible ways to configure a 2010 Prius (excluding colors)
    3. “Silver” = Prius III, “Gold” = Prius IV with Solar Roof Package, “Platinum” = Prius V with Adv. Tech Package.
    4. No Solar Roof available with LEDs/fogs or Adv Tech Package (weight/engineering challenge already mentioned)
    5. Safety Connect not available until fall ‘09
    6. Yes, you can provide us your feedback here and we will collect it. But it is extremely unlikely that any packaging will change by launch - future model years are more likely.
    PRIUS PRIORITY PARTICIPANTS: we recommend you do NOT immediately cancel your order now if you see something else you would rather have. Remember, you are not bound to your order and can cancel once you see pricing. We suggest you wait until pricing is available to make that decision. Enjoy! Doug Coleman Prius Product Manager Toyota Motor Sales USA

2. fredthepostman

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Thanks so much! Now I can start guessing what I can and cannot afford.

3. rusty houndog

rusty houndog mountain rider

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    So, will the Lithium Ion plug-in package be available??

"And here’s an interesting tidbit for you: During its development, the new 2010 Prius was designed and engineered to package either the lithium-ion battery pack with plug-in capability, or the nickel-metal hydride battery for the conventional gas-electric system."

TOYOTA OPEN ROAD BLOG: Irv's Sheet: Toyota Steps Up the Technological Pace

1 person likes this.
  4. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Thanks Doug, this is good to have. I want to commend you and the Prius Team on keeping us in the loop.

Tom

5. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Thanks Prius Team for the info, this will help my Dad in deciding which one he wants to order thru the dealer...

As for me, I'll be leaving in my order for the Platinum as per your 'recommendation'. ;)

6. Peppito

Peppito New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    *does a happy dance*

This is great news! Thanks for the info! The future is bright, my friends. :p

7. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    well if this aint sticky material, i dont know what is!!

8. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    1 person likes this.
  9. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    You know what's interesting? It seems like this is Toyota's way of giving Prius trim levels. Instead of using VE (or base), CE, LE, XLE, Sport, it's using roman numerals.

1 person likes this.
  10. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm curious if the trim levels will be denoted on the exterior like with other models. I don't personally "need" that, but would be interesting marketing.

11. Rae Vynn

Rae Vynn Artist In Residence

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
  12. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well I didn't see any emblems so I'm guessing now. Plus, in this economy, I don't think they'll spend the extra money on emblems. They've dropped the CE moniker on the Corolla and Camry models and they've dropped the TOYOTA emblem on the Prius.

13. johnnmorgan

johnnmorgan New Member

Doug -

What about a Touring Edition or equivilant with higher performance suspension plus higher performance wheels and tires?

Thanks

14. HTMLSpinnr

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    John, suspension will be identical on all models, and the 1229 (Prius V) will have 17" rims/tires. These are suspected to impose a 2-3mpg penalty.

15. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Indeed. Think of it as all models having the "Touring" bits. They all have the retuned suspension (for better handling) and the wider/longer underbody stiffening brace. Go for the "V" model to get the 17" alloys to complete the look and ride.

16. GeekEV

GeekEV Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Boo. :( I would have wanted both and you're asking me to choose? Bah.

17. HTMLSpinnr

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    We've all whined about this already. Yea, personally, I'd love a Prius V w/ Solar. Not happening this year, so I'll do w/o the LED and wheels, and look @ aftermarket or modifications should the desire still exist later on.

18. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    What is a Plasmaclusterâ„¢, found on Prius IV and V?

19. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Plasmacluster ionizer (by Sharp). It sends out small positive ions from the driver's side vent to attract dust and other particles from the air to purify it. See the new Camry XLE and Camry Hybrid for more information.

20. feslope

feslope Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for the good info. Hopefully pricing info will be be coming soon.