1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Prius Option Packages at NAIAS

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Vincent, Jan 24, 2009.

1. Vincent

Vincent Don't Wait Until Tomorrow

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Thanks to the Great NAIAS photos from HTMLSpinnr, we got a peek at window stickers for three 2010 Prius “Pre-Order†packages. The Standard Equipment was the same for all 3 packages, but the Included Optional Equipment varied for the Silver, Gold and Platinum packages. No guaranties that the packages are final or complete, but until we get the official word from Toyota, here’s what they showed at NAIAS:

Standard Equipment for the 3rd Generation Prius Silver, Gold and Platinum Packages
    • AM/FM/CD with 6 Speakers
    • WMA/MP3 Compatibility
    • Auxiliary Audio Jack
    • Fabric Trimmed Seats
    • Remote Keyless Entry
    • Driver Door Smart Key System
    • Power Door Locks and Power Windows with Auto Up/Down Control
    • Cruise Control
    • Tilt/Telescope Steering Wheel
    • Drivers Seat Vertical Adjustment
    • Push Button Start
    • Electronic Shift Lever
    • 60/40 Split Fold-Down Rear Seats
    • Touch Tracer
    • Front, Side, Curtain and Driver Knee Air Bags
    • 4-Wheel Disc Brakes
    • Star Safety System; Regenerative Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) with Brake Assist (BA); Electronic Brake-Force Distribution (EBD); Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) and Traction Control (TRAC); Active Front Headrests
    • EV/ECO/Power Modes
    • Multi Informational Display with Energy Monitor, Hybrid System Indicator and Fuel Consumption History
    • 15 Inch Allow Wheels with Wheel Covers
    • Halogen Headlamps
    • Rear Wiper
    • Heated Outside Mirrors
    Silver Package Adds:
    • JBL AM/FM/CD Changer with 8 Speakers
    • Bluetooth Hands-Free Phone Capability
    • Integrated XM Satellite Radio
    Gold Package Includes Silver Package and:
    • 3-Door Smart Key System
    • Leather Trimmed Seats and Steering Wheel
    • Heated Front Seats
    • Driver Lumbar Support
    • Illuminated Entry
    • Auto-Dimming Mirror with Homelink
    • Voice-Activated Navigation System and Backup Monitor
    • Tilt/Slide Moonroof; Solar Powered Ventilation System and Remote Air Conditioning System
    Platinum Package Includes Gold Package, Deletes the Tilt/Slide Moonroof; Solar Powered Ventilation System with Remote Air Conditioning System and Adds:
    • 17 Inch Alloy Wheels
    • LED Headlights
    • Fog Lamps
    • Intelligent Park Assist
    • Dynamic Radar Cruise Control with Pre-Collision System
    • Lane Keep Assist
    Enjoy!

2. SureValla

SureValla Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I'm gonna have to call BS on that. That base package has way too much stuff.

3. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Uhmm No, thats base even according to official Toyota info thus far...

4. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hmmm, they are bundling Homelink with leather only. I like the convenience of garage door opening with the rearview mirror in my pack5, fabric seat car.

5. Gakubuchi

Gakubuchi New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    In my opinion leather seats must be optional. I would like the gold package but I really don't like leather seats, so I have no option!

6. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Keep in mind that the 3 packages we are talking about are ONLY for those who got the email to pre-order. There will be more packages to choose from when you order thru a dealer.

7. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Correct. Basic features should be accepted as likely what will be released in production. The add-ons are just pre-order packaging. While those packages will likely exist, I'd expect to see a few others, but suspect they'll make the options regional again.

8. SureValla

SureValla Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    III
    well that makes more sense then. I knew something was wrong with these

9. jeffk

jeffk New Member

Wow! I am shocked at the lineup of those packs! Really odd grouping in my opinion.
    I really hope there are more flexible full production offerings. I am sure I am not the only one that does not want to trade a sunroof for the features of the gold package. The gold package is the car I would want but I firmly refuse to buy another car without a sunroof! My 07 is the first time I did that and my wife and I both really really miss not having one. I can honestly say not having the features that I want and a sunroof would be a deal breaker for me.

10. HTMLSpinnr

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    You won't get a fully loaded car w/ sunroof - as mentioned in other threads, Toyota claims the car is simply too heavy otherwise and FE would take an even bigger hit than it already is w/ the 17" rims.

11. jeffk

jeffk New Member

I have read that but I continue to keep my hopes up that changes will be made to allow it. I love toyota and certainly really really don't want to go elsewhere but for me the car I want comes first and mpg is second. I spend an awful lot of time on the road and I want to have a car with the features that I want. Know what I mean?

12. catsbox

catsbox Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    So, did those window stickers also include a price?

13. HTMLSpinnr

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Pricing won't be announced till April/May likely.

14. fredthepostman

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I'm with jeffk! I want a moon roof .I don't want leather. I don't want nav. I hope they have enough choices to give people a chance to have a great car.

15. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi SureValla,

It might seem that way. But I think it's comparable to the list of Standard Equipment that you and I had in 2007, but it obviously has more than the stripped out base model that Toyota came out with for 2008 & 2009.

Remember that although for 2010 they added as standard equipment some good stuff such as the height adjustable seat, active headrests, aux/mp3 jack, telescopic steering wheel, rear disc brakes, driver door only smartkey and VSC, (1) we don't know how much the new Base model will cost, and (2) a costly item like the MFD is no longer standard. The subtraction of the MFD is unfortunate because you now have to get a very high package # in order to get an important safety feature -- the backup camera -- which when MFD was standard, used to be available in Package #2.

Anyways, here's the unpriced sticker for the Silver Package, showing the Standard Equipment and the 3 items added as Optional Equipment in the Silver Package:

[​IMG]

P.S. I'm upset. I don't like the fact that the Yankees spent all of our money (and I do consider it the fans' money) paying for CC and AJ.

16. cairo94507

cairo94507 Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Well for me it would be platinum. I don't really care about sunroofs that much given what I really want. Now if they did by chance offer one package with all that stuff, I would do it. Who knows what Toyota will do?

17. essaunders

essaunders Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    what is the deal with the smart key? base only includes driver door? So, does that mean if you get a base package 2010, I won't be able to walk up and open the hatch on a locked car --- like I do, and take for granted, with my package 2 2007?

18. HTMLSpinnr

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    Correct - likely would have to unlock w/ FOB before opening. I don't quite get driver only SKS either, unless grabbing the handle unlocks all doors. Toyota is saving on at least 3 SKS sensors, a button and 1 touch sensor on the pax door.

19. recalled05

recalled05 New Member

Is there a way I can provide feedback to Toyota on these option packages? I know that these are just for pre orders, but lumbar back supports should be stand alone options no matter how they do the packages. Some people need lumbar back supports for comfort and health reasons. They should not have to buy an entire expensive package to get lumbar back supports. Conversely, some people such as myself can't use lumbar back supports. They make me sit up too straight, make me tired, and make my back sore. People such as myself should be able to buy a big package with options we want without getting a lumbar back support.

20. SureValla

SureValla Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    III
    its all the extra standard stuff was what caught my attention like the telescopic steering and 4 wheel disc breaks, stuff you dont usually see on a base model

i guess they do make up with the mfd not being standard though, thats crazy i didnt know that.

i'm more pissed they took gov't money for the stadium, ridiculous.