1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Prius>PCS Button>Gen III

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by priusworld, Oct 23, 2009.

1. priusworld

priusworld New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Hello! I can't locate the PCS button on the 2010 Gen-III Prius? Owners manual said its located on the bottom left hand side of dash-board. It isn't there? I bought this Gen-III with this new option. I just want to make sure this PCS is activated and not "OFF".:rolleyes:
    Any feed-backs on the "Trident" interior/exterior protection spray agent? Dealer claimed you'll never have to wax your car for 6-8 years.:confused:
    Thanks,
    Hybrid King

2. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    If it is off, "PCS" is displayed on the dash display.

The switch is down there just under the dash, more to the right than is shown in the manual (just to the right of the steering column, I think). It's 2 or 3 inches away from the TPMS switch, which it resembles. Both are kind of hard to find the first time without getting down underneath and peering up at it. After you know where they are, you eventually get to where you can find them by feel.

1 person likes this.
  3. Blind Guy

Blind Guy New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    * With your palm UP, run your hand in line with the steering column underneath the Dash, about 6"s or so and a little to the right, you'll feel 2 concave buttons side by side about 2-3"s apart, the one on the Left is the TPMS Initialization and the one on the Right is the PCS button.

And the 2nd poster is correct, if the PCS is OFF, PCS will be illuminated in the MID.

David (aka Blind Guy)

1 person likes this.
  4. mgb4tim

mgb4tim Noob

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
  5. ggood

ggood Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Pre-Collision System. It's part of the AT (advanced technology) option package available on the V model. It cinches up the seatbelts and pre-conditions and/or hits the brakes if it senses an impending collision.

1 person likes this.
  6. priusworld

priusworld New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Pre-Collision System. It's part of the AT (advanced technology) option package available on the V model. It cinches up the seatbelts and pre-conditions and/or hits the brakes if it senses an impending collison.:focus: Thanks!

7. priusworld

priusworld New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Thanks David I'll check it out. The last time I looked all i could find was the parking assist buttons. Is it near those switches? Have you heard anything about a good extended warranty program for our Priuses?
    Thanks again..
    Marty

8. Bobsprius

Bobsprius BobPrius

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    The button is actually located slightly beyond the steering column, UNDER the dash more, it is not front facing where the parking assist button are, but underneath the dash section. You have to sort of lay under the steering column the first time and look up to the underside to see the buttons. I used a 17 LED Flashlight and could see it well with that...Once you know the location you will always remember it going forward. ;)
    Bob