1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Prius Pro Clip iPhone 3G Left Mount

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Sumo Joe, Jan 28, 2010.

1. Sumo Joe

Sumo Joe New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I installed a ProClip mount for my iPhone 3G a few days ago. I found that the Bluetooth audio link from the phone was the best solution for me, avoiding use of the horrifying USB link. Since I needed a way to then see and control the iPod player on the phone, this looked like a pretty good solution.

This is also a very expensive solution, ringing in at $73 for the left mount (804356), the Padded Holder with Tilt Swivel for Apple iPhone 3G (875246), and shipping.

Installation took about 10 minutes and required a screwdriver. The adhesive pads were unnecessary, and the mount held fine without them. I removed the logo stickers. The screws are small, and you will probably drop a few of them in the vents during the installation, like I did! I recommend covering the vent and doing the installation in a well-lit environment.

View attachment 21433

The mount looks fine, feels solid, and holds the phone securely. It also turns to landscape mode, which I don't use too often. It will tilt to a good viewing angle and to reduce glare. I had some concerns about it blocking the view through that tiny triangular window, and it kind of does, but I haven't noticed any real world problem with it.

Since it's mounted on the dash, check your local laws about this setup, and be aware that other motorists can see you tapping on your phone.

Overall, I like everything about this setup- except the price!

2. donkitchen

donkitchen Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V

Something got goofed up with your attachment. I'd like to see what it looks like if you can correct the problem.

3. ABL

ABL Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
  4. Joe166

Joe166 New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    V
    There is also a good picture of it in the shop section of this site. ProClip makes a very good product. I would not want to put it there, but to each his own. I am going to use their other product which places it on the console, next to the cup holder. I am waiting until I pull a couple of wires so I don't have dangling wires all over the place.

I find the tray in the console a pain in the neck to keep my phone in. I end up sending someone down to the garage to get my phone that I have forgotten again about three times a week.