1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Prius Racing Club

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by The Wild Rover, Feb 12, 2010.

1. The Wild Rover

The Wild Rover New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    (Thread hasn't been a response to similar threads for about a year and a half, so I thought I'd start a new one.)

First, this is not a serious proposal.

But the 2010 Prius is probably the best Prius so far in terms of performance (or at least the possibilities of such performance). Maybe we could race against each other. Or maybe someone will build a Prius Funny Car! (That would be funny.) Wonder what it would cost to paint a racing strip on the car. Maybe Toyota will sponsor a Prius in NASCAR racing. As you can see, the possibilities are endless.

Oh, by the way, Matchbox Car cancelled their proposed recall of all Toyota Matchbox Cars. Seems the sudden acceleration was due to operator error; the kids were just pushing their toy cars too fast.

(Hope you all haven't lost your sense of humor.)

2. DeanFL

DeanFL 2010 owner - 1st Prius

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Don't know about the rest of you, but I am blown away with the initial speed in 'PWR' mode. I seldom use it now as I keep it in Normal. But when I think I would need it, merging, taking off and turning at a T intersection, etc the Prius CAN haul.

I was surprised with 'PWR' when I first got it (my first Hybrid), and still impressed. Not dragstrip-worthy mind you (no racing stripes or side flame decals), but IMO better than a typical 4 cyl car. Prius gets a bad rap and a butt for jokes...

3. The Wild Rover

The Wild Rover New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I agree with you Dean. PWR mode is good to have, even if not used very often.