1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 Prius Safety Recall (software update(?)) messed up my LKA

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Mr. King Andrew, Aug 22, 2019.

1. Mr. King Andrew

Mr. King Andrew Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I took my 2010 Prius in to have an old recall done on it, which was apparently just a software update.

However, now my LKA warning beep is obnoxiously louder than before, and the auto-steering is messed up in that it's far more aggressive (left, right, left, right) than before.

Anyone else have this issue?

Can Toyota software updates be rolled back?

2. Johnny Cakes

Johnny Cakes Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    What do you mean by "more aggressive?" Bouncing from lane edge to lane edge or more aggressive about steering around curves?

3. Mr. King Andrew

Mr. King Andrew Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    Bouncing from lane edge to lane edge. It did the same before, but it wasn't so much "bouncing" as "slowly drifting". By more aggressive, I mean that it's going back and forth with much more frequency.

4. Tha_Ape

Tha_Ape Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Mine seems the same, just got it back from Toyota after a new windshield/ camera install and calibration. Then again it was in the shop for 6 weeks and I'd been driving a 2017 Prime Advanced Lane keeping is non existant on that..., it barely pushes you back in the lane when needed. LDA is horrible compared to the LKA on the Gen3.