1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

2010 prius splash guards

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by krzysiu, Oct 1, 2010.

1. krzysiu

krzysiu Will knock you out...

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Anyone have a 2010 Prius with splash guards installed? Please post a picture!!! To my understanding, availability is an issue. Has this been resolved? Are they available at the dealer yet? Or, can anyone recommend where to get them from. So, if you have rigid/rubber guards installed, I'd love to see a pic. Thanks a lot.

On a side note, have about 6500 miles and my milage is improving. Averaging 55.5 mpg right now. Love it.

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    There are no dealer-installed mudguards available from Toyota (although there's a possibility that some dealers will have made their own version and have them on sale).

Two types of mudguards are available here in the PriusChat shop.

http://priuschat.com/forums/gen-iii...udguards-now-available-in-priuschat-shop.html

PriusChat Forums - Econ's Album: Mud Flaps and Lower Rocker accent

3. Troyroy

Troyroy Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Both my son & I have installed the mudflaps euro style from Priuschat.....they look & work great. Buy them....you won't be sorry !!!

4. Jim05

Jim05 Occasional Quasi-Hypermiler

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    +1
    Euro is the way to go. Ever since I installed mine, I can get out of the car without dragging my pants through the mudbath that used to collect on my doorsill.

5. deltron3030

deltron3030 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    My post in the "lower rocker molding" thread shows a few pics of the Euro style mud guards

6. Tonic

Tonic New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I am ordering mine now! Better to put it soon before winter gets here!

7. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It's super easy to install! Good luck with it!

8. msmato

msmato New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Do you have to drill holes or are you using existing? Thought maybe I can install them myself!
    Thanks,
    Cynthia

9. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The rear requires drilling but it's super easy. Take care in marking the spots and just use an electric portable drill to screw the screws in.

10. harry r

harry r slowly turning green

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I installed the US version which are a bit smaller, but they install very easy,. just push hard as the screws are self tapping into the plastic . to make it a bit easier on the front, turn the wheels to give more clearance. but go for it, easy and well worth it. i additonally uses some black silicon betwen the flap and the fender for added adhesion and also to coat the screws for additonal protection.

11. Roland1555

Roland1555 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Concerning the "euro" stlye longer/larger guards; certainly it would make it easier to trap wheel splash more effectively than the smaller "us" stlye, but with the Prius already being a low to the ground car it begs the question.

Do they get hung up going over larger speed bumps on the way down, especially with several people in the car with you, and as well, couple of you people are in parts of the country that see a lot more snow than me, are they baby snowplows when it gets to 5-6" inches on the ground?

Tideland, did you have them on last winter?

Roland.

12. Tideland Prius

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Nope. This is the first winter and we just had some snow (yes, I know you guys got some overnight too).

They worked well. All the crud stayed off the lower front door and rear bumper (except the usual splashes/spray on the doors when you turn. Those are unavoidable). The crud stayed in the mudguard and it was easy to kick or spray them off.